All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY GrantB
Slowy wrote:
Litterick wrote:Things are looking up, according to Bloomberg:

The company can now exit bankruptcy under a new board of directors, a majority of whom will be guitar players, said Matthew Ross, the KKR director who led the private equity company’s takeover effort.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-03/gibson-guitar-fans-at-kkr-lead-rock-music-icon-out-of-bankruptcy

"I will continue to aid Gibson for at least a couple more years, and my mission, really, is to pass on the knowledge and the tools to allow the next generation of management to really excel and bring the brand to a whole new level,” Juszkiewicz told Guitarist recently."

Hopefully this is no more than a face saving exercise.

Agreed. Like asking Kenneth Lay to hang around to pass-on how he ran Enron.

I heard a good saying this week - if you want to own a small company, buy a big one and get accountants to run it. I hope this doesn’t become Gibson. I haven’t had a response to my application for CEO. Maybe the request for one new R9 every month as a fringe perk was too much.
BY Slowy
GrantB wrote:
Slowy wrote:
Litterick wrote:Things are looking up, according to Bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-03/gibson-guitar-fans-at-kkr-lead-rock-music-icon-out-of-bankruptcy

"I will continue to aid Gibson for at least a couple more years, and my mission, really, is to pass on the knowledge and the tools to allow the next generation of management to really excel and bring the brand to a whole new level,” Juszkiewicz told Guitarist recently."

Hopefully this is no more than a face saving exercise.

Agreed. Like asking Kenneth Lay to hang around to pass-on how he ran Enron.

I heard a good saying this week - if you want to own a small company, buy a big one and get accountants to run it. I hope this doesn’t become Gibson. I haven’t had a response to my application for CEO. Maybe the request for one new R9 every month as a fringe perk was too much.

You phrased it wrong. The monthly R9 is for quality assurance purposes.
BY GrantB
Slowy wrote:You phrased it wrong. The monthly R9 is for quality assurance purposes.

Want a seat on the board? I like your thinking.
GrantB wrote:Maybe the request for one new R9 every month as a fringe perk was too much.

I can see you becoming bored of a new R9 every single month, probably a good opportunity to try out some of the guitars in this thread :eh:
BY GrantB
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
GrantB wrote:Maybe the request for one new R9 every month as a fringe perk was too much.

I can see you becoming bored of a new R9 every single month, probably a good opportunity to try out some of the guitars in this thread :eh:

Under my governance these guitar will cease to exist... :winky:
BY Terexgeek
I for one would welcome Grant to be Overlord of all Gibson...I'd be happy to submit my time to an R9 long term testing programme...long, long term.
Did anyone ever hear the rumour that Bonammasa was looking to come in and take over? I read a post on it a while back and I had to look at the date to check it wasn’t an April Fools.
BY GrantB
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Did anyone ever hear the rumour that Bonammasa was looking to come in and take over? I read a post on it a while back and I had to look at the date to check it wasn’t an April Fools.

Reread that post....you'll get a clear sense second time around!
BY Slowy
GrantB wrote:
Slowy wrote:You phrased it wrong. The monthly R9 is for quality assurance purposes.

Want a seat on the board? I like your thinking.

Now wouldn't that be something! :rofl:
BY werdna
The Knaggs Kenai of Ed shows the deficit of good tops on Gibsons. You have to search long and hard to find a Gibson with a top like that, but every single tier one Knaggs has one.
BY GrantB
Have a look at Wildwood’s Gibson Custom Shop selection.
Gibson doesn’t really do that double stained look...they’re trying to recreate the old style tops whereas Knaggs are not bound by their own precedence.
The big Gibson tops are pricey...very pricey.