Ovations suck because?...

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

goldtop0
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by goldtop0 »

Peter Sarstedt is gay,and Glenn Campbell(played a mean 12 that guy)........my world is falling apart.
Julie Felix is the first.........gay? I saw using an O back in the 60s on The Frost Report.........by crikey boys I'd like to 'av ungayed her I can tell ya.

Now all I need is for Sir Cliff(call me God)Richard to start playing one and I'll top meself :shock:
Hmmm did Elton ever moonlight on guitar?
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

LOL - egad, ur a worry!

Mellissa Etheridge also plays a Tele, doesn't she?

Should Tele owners start getting worried????

Read this and worry...

http://www.roberturban.com/GGWinterviewBruceM.html
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

If only they were black, then they would be cool!
"I am the Black Wizard"

Red Fred
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Red Fred »

Man whats the beef with Ovations? I didn't know of this universal hate.

What about Josh Homme's Ovation GP?!

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

That looks really nice, mate. OK I'll bite - who the smeg is Josh Homme???

Itsjust acoustic Ovations we're all dissing here.

{{{ don't let anyone else know (only you can see this post, note the triple {{{ - that triggers the secret double nought spy eyes only phase), but its all just in fun, we'll be picking on something else before you know it}}}
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

MAstermind behinf the 'Stoner Rock' band Queens Of THe Stone Age.

They had a very catchy tune out in the last couple of years called No-One Knows. You may have heard it in passing.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I hear he's also the drummer in the "Eagles of Deathmetal". Which, despite the name may even be deemed as passable and entertaining by yourself, Rog.
He is also a Maton endorsee and is credited with 'designing' the newish Maton electric 12 string.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

goldtop0 wrote:Peter Sarstedt is gay,and Glenn Campbell(played a mean 12 that guy)........my world is falling apart.
Julie Felix is the first.........gay? I saw using an O back in the 60s on The Frost Report.........by crikey boys I'd like to 'av ungayed her I can tell ya.

Now all I need is for Sir Cliff(call me God)Richard to start playing one and I'll top meself :shock:
Hmmm did Elton ever moonlight on guitar?
Yes - I think on 'yellow brick road' cd booklet there's a picture of elton playing guitar.

Somewhere in the pile of possessions I have a vinyl by the title of Masters of the 12 string guitar vol 2 (God knows what happened to vol 1) and on it is Glenn playing a country instrumental 'Bull Durham'.

As for Julie that's interesting because the only guitar I saw her with was a Martin D28 (also a picture of it on her first album). I also understood she was bonking David Frost at the time.

But further proof is the Eagles - Hotel California where they all sat down with ovations in the old days!

Oi tell ee lad pick up one of they cursed devils pisspots in the Rockshop and afore ye knows it, it'll be 'Hello Sailor' down Vivian street and a new way of walking!.
You can't do THAT on stage!

goldtop0
Squier

Post by goldtop0 »

I've got that 12 string album lurking around somewhere too B45 it's got Mason Williams on it also.
Julie Felix and David Frost.........aye that be a fearsome combination and just ruined a pubescent boys' dream :cry:

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Oooh Goldtop have you got Volume 1 of the Twelve String guitar by any chance?? I'd like to get a tape if possible.

Also if anybody out there is deranged enough to have copies of the kiwi record companies 'Highlights of the annual National Banjo Pickers convention' - 1967-1973 or thereabouts (have the record for 1970) I'd love to get tapes.

Sadly record collectors are homing in on these and 2 recent ones went for $56 and $63 respectively on trademe!
You can't do THAT on stage!

goldtop0
Squier

Post by goldtop0 »

No B45 that is the only dedicated 12 string album I have so sorry no Vol 1,got Leadbelly stuff etc.Yep Joe Maphis,Howard Roberts,Billy Strange,James McGuinn and Bob Gibson finish off the artists featured.
'Anthology of the Twelve String Guitar' produced on Viking here.............. around '69 I think.

gazzadelsud
Stagg
Stagg

Post by gazzadelsud »

well i still miss my ovation, 1860, deep bowl,the first proper acoustic electric i owned - amazing sound plugged in. I swapped it eventually for my first martin - 0016 NY, which i then swapped (with a gibson J50) for a martin D35 which i still have. The ovation was incredibly well made, the pickup worked superbly, the only thing i couldnt really live with was the v neck profile - something you either love or hate