I Wanna make a V.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

I Wanna make a V.

Post by Tehhaxorr »

I Wanna make a V.

Looking to make my first guitar, and im wanting a flying V reall bad.

Any of you know the dymensions for the body neck e.c.t and what wood would give me the meanest tone.

Also if anmyone knows where i can buy parts (tremelo, fingerboards e.c.t)
that would be a huge help.

Thanks,
Mark
"I am the Black Wizard"

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

there are a few places in the states that will do the parts... have a look at http://www.stewmac.com loads of parts, you might even get a neck there which would make the job a lot easier. I reckon my next project will be a V so I'd be interested if you can find plans. I think I did have some once, I'll have a root around.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Where are you located?

I can help with wood, parts and pre-fabbed necks to ease the adventure. Dennis or I can also supply parts and Fender style necks.

What kind of V are you after? Gibson, Jackson, Samick?

PM me or e-mail me and I'll see how I can help you.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Samick?????
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

I know - are you saying Ash, that Samick have a recognisable/individual style of flying V all their own??!?!? :?
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

Tehhaxorr
The Devils Advocate

Post by Tehhaxorr »

mainly a jackson v, i think the moddle is called a V2 or something. I want to make the body myself buy buying a kneck would be great, but im fussy about knecks lol, maple with rosewood, 24jumbo frets wiht the last 4 frets scalloped. also the same size as a kneck on a standard B.C Rich Warlock or Washburn Nuno Bettencourt, or something between the two.

Anyonme able to design somehting like this?
"I am the Black Wizard"

gregtarr
I am Marshall, hear me roar!

Post by gregtarr »

Well, if any one can, Ash can! I think you came to the right place!
"I told you, pedals sound twice as good when they're stacked on top of other pedals" - Mike Einziger

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

Tsuken wrote:I know - are you saying Ash, that Samick have a recognisable/individual style of flying V all their own??!?!? :?
Yes. Well it might have been some other brand, but it definetly Samick in character!
Gibson V styling - rounded apexes, but Jackson V in size.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by ash »

Tehhaxorr wrote:mainly a jackson v, i think the moddle is called a V2 or something. I want to make the body myself buy buying a kneck would be great, but im fussy about knecks lol, maple with rosewood, 24jumbo frets wiht the last 4 frets scalloped. also the same size as a kneck on a standard B.C Rich Warlock or Washburn Nuno Bettencourt, or something between the two.

Anyonme able to design somehting like this?
Yep, I can do that for you. Check you PMs, I'll give you some more info.