What are guitars made of?

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Yoda
US of Fackin' A Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by Yoda »

Yah, except for the color which we all know is the real key to great tone, right? And that colour's gotta be ... what was it again? Was it violet? Hmm... nope. Was it grape, then? No, I don't think so.... Indigo? Ahh, now I remember, MAUVE!

:lol:

When you have to choose between two evils, pick the one you never tried before.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Rog »

LOL - as long as it isn't transparent mauve...sorta like an old lady's hair rinse...
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

ezyjamma

Post by ezyjamma »

You could try swamp kauri or my personal fav Tasmanian Blackwood....its totally dense and super heavy, also hard as a freakin rock, which is how it should be.
Ive heard that they can now turn Pine into a hardwood by forcing in extra cellulose or something? White pine is a crap wood for guitars but Ill be interested to see how the new hard pine works out? it should take a nice stain and polish., as long as they dont charge me an arm and a leg for it?
Last edited by ezyjamma on Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

HOW ABOUT REVEREND GUITARS

ezyjamma

Post by ezyjamma »

Hay DBM Music I just bought some picks of ya the other day didnt I?........(Haji)

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

You sure did. :) How are they?

ezyjamma

Post by ezyjamma »

Yeah they do the job, still miss the old Dunlop 1 mills coz they had that bit of texture to grab onto.dont spose you sell them?

DBM Music

Post by DBM Music »

No i Don't Sorry.
Maybe one day you could try some of my Great Strings. $11 for Elec and $12 for Acoustic. Thats the Fair Market Price