Marinucci "SG" Copy

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

stewbaby
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Marinucci "SG" Copy

Post by stewbaby »

What nostalgia... this is exactly the same as my first electric guitar:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=14532841

It must have been newer than I thought, as I sold mine in about '82

I want it back...
Stewbaby

All your guitars are belong to us!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

bang the $400 on the buy now, and you can revel even more in the nostalgic effect ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

The only trouble is, being sold by a shop, they want twice as much as its worth. Still, as BG says - what price nostalgia?

Seriously - $400 is nothing - if it has meaning - buy it and keep a hold onto it - I wish I could have done the same for my first real bass - a Jansen P bass copy - that Fiesta Red/pink colour.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

God you people are strange - I'd hate to have any of my first horrors back. Let's see there was the mellow tone with 'steel reinforced neck' - funny steel as it bent like crazy to the extent you could not play past the third fret.

Then there was the best plywood-bodied electric with no name on the headstock (or trussrod either!) and talk about a chunky neck. The mighty single 'plato' pickup neatly earthed the cap 80 volt side of the dodgy radio input through the aluminium scratchplate for the odd 'shocking' good moment and whatever dye was used on the fingerboard it was certainly not colour fast - you could have tried out for the Black and White minstrels after an hour or so of playing.

However for only 2 pounds ninteen and sixpence second hand I suppose I should not moan!
You can't do THAT on stage!

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

I still have my first guitar, it sounds better than most peoples main guitars. A lovely 1994 Squier. I kid you not either about it being lovely. It's fantastic
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Yep this is what gets to me PB - you get lucky like your one and name does not matter; yet everybody probably sells off the Squiers for Fenders etc.

Go figure????
You can't do THAT on stage!

Tsuken
In the Name of Vai

Post by Tsuken »

I guess I probably shouldn't admit that I actually like my first guitar - a Samick (not "samick" :P ) strat copy.

Then again, there's not much Samick left on it any more....
My twitting tweets of twitterness

@ash lol/RT "@ChelseaVPeretti Had fun in the Cinema Tent tonight w @adultswim @robcorddry #bonnaroo #fonz #hottubtimemachineintonationjokes #childrenshospital #mud #pee" //by @Jenesis

Here be bloggins

stewbaby
Stagg
Stagg

Post by stewbaby »

What irony... I go into ye olde music shoppe today, and they have a brand new Epiphone SG-400 Cherry red and beautiful... with hard case! Just come in today!

I... must..... keep...hold...ungh..of...AAAAh... credit card! Someone... HELP ME.

Asking $895, but I would not be paying that.
Stewbaby

All your guitars are belong to us!

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

Someone in Napier may be getting a fine first guitar soon. I just set up an ibanez RX40 for MW there that for some reason has a nice flamed maple neck and plays and sounds very pleasant for a $400 guitar. I liked it better than the Steve Vai Universe going for 10 times that price...
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

stewbaby wrote:What irony... I go into ye olde music shoppe today, and they have a brand new Epiphone SG-400 Cherry red and beautiful... with hard case! Just come in today!

I... must..... keep...hold...ungh..of...AAAAh... credit card! Someone... HELP ME.

Asking $895, but I would not be paying that.
Those Epi SG's are nothing compared to a Tokai, I 've given both extensive workouts and the Tokai was far far better, probably cheaper too.
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

ash wrote:Someone in Napier may be getting a fine first guitar soon. I just set up an ibanez RX40 for MW there that for some reason has a nice flamed maple neck and plays and sounds very pleasant for a $400 guitar. I liked it better than the Steve Vai Universe going for 10 times that price...
Would it make a good 17th guitar? I was thinking of getting a Universe as my next guitar... Is it Kingdom Music that you set it up for? I might go have a look as that's just over the road from my work :)

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

I guess it might make a nice 17th guitar (the RX40, that is), but it isn't exactly top of the range. Yes, it is for Kingdom Music. They won't have it there till the end of the week.

I personally think the Universe is a massive waste of money. I've played/set-up several and all were very disappointing. A much cheaper RG 7 string with nice pickups would match it easily.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

Gelato
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Gelato »

ash wrote:I guess it might make a nice 17th guitar (the RX40, that is), but it isn't exactly top of the range. Yes, it is for Kingdom Music. They won't have it there till the end of the week.

I personally think the Universe is a massive waste of money. I've played/set-up several and all were very disappointing. A much cheaper RG 7 string with nice pickups would match it easily.
I'll keep an eye out for it. I hven't actually played a Universe before, it's more of a "Steve Vai has one, so I should too" type thing.... I might be better off getting a JEM, which I've played some really nice examples of.