I dealt with Dominic26 and only got slightly burnt.

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 102 times

Re: I dealt with Dominic26 and only got slightly burnt.

Post by Aquila Rossa »

sgt mukuzi wrote:acc are investigating me at the moment, all because they have to shell out for an expensive magnetic interlude.
i dont know how you can take some of those pain killers Aquila Rosso I had MAJOR side effects from three of the ones you listed, and the other didnt work.
another thing..
the original Randy polker dot one had a danalectro neck remember you paid 2K for a reissue of a gat made with a dano neck :mrgreen:
I never knew that.
You may pretty impressed with the GMW neck. Everybody who has played it so far, really likes it.

As for pain killers. Tramadol works really well, but I posted a clip of me playing last night and thought it would do. When I woke up in the morning it, the tramadol had worn off and I realised it sounded like I was playing in slow motion and I was falling asleep. :roll: It's great for essay writing though :D
What's is a mag inter?

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

catscan or whatever there called but the ACC balked at paying for it.

the RR Dano story comes from the Guitar Player Interview with Randy from just before he died. he details the process they went through making the guitar, Randy and Grover with a Dano neck
good times,
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

Aquila Rosso wrote:As for pain killers. Tramadol works really well
after my surgery i've found out i dont like Morphine or Tramadol
2nd night in ICU i was in a bit of pain, i knew the Morphine button was on a 5 min timer, so was watching the clock, for 40mins straight i pressed the button every 5mins, didnt touch it again as i felt nauseous as from it, same from Tramadol, makes me feel like crap, the Codeine worked okay though :D
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

sgt mukuzi wrote:catscan or whatever there called but the ACC balked at paying for it.

the RR Dano story comes from the Guitar Player Interview with Randy from just before he died. he details the process they went through making the guitar, Randy and Grover with a Dano neck
good times,
That must be the Jackson RR, mines a sandoval rip off, phew! :mrgreen:
Ironbird13 wrote:
2nd night in ICU i was in a bit of pain, i knew the Morphine button was on a 5 min timer, so was watching the clock, for 40mins straight i pressed the button every 5mins, didnt touch it again as i felt nauseous as from it, same from Tramadol, makes me feel like crap, the Codeine worked okay though :D
Must be like any drug. I have not smoked dope at all for 20 years, because it made me crook and paranoid. Yet for some folks, it's bliss.
Biggest problem with tramadol, is I don't feel hardly any pain at all, so I'll play guitar for hours on end with it, then my fretting hand will be strained to hell the next day. So far it does not give me withdrawal symtoms. Codine was hell and not strong enough to kill the aches and pains properly. I function alot better with effective pain management. I wonder if the uni will get all funny about me sitting through lectures on cloud nine?

corsair
Gibson
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by corsair »

sgt mukuzi wrote:catscan or whatever there called but the ACC balked at paying for it.
MRI? Magnetic Resonance Imaging.... CAT is different, Computerized Axial Tomography...
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

corsair wrote:
MRI? Magnetic Resonance Imaging.... CAT is different, Computerized Axial Tomography...
Laying in that MRI machine was pretty weird. Quite noisy.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

I wonder if they ramped up the MRI machine power, could they cook someone in it??? :D I do know a few years back there was a major scandal over one of the xray cancer treatment machines overseas which they found out gave someone a maximum blast if the levels were altered once already entered in the machine, thanks to a software bug.
You can't do THAT on stage!

RUDENBARK
Gibson

Post by RUDENBARK »

Ironbird13 wrote:
You know how sometimes you feel guilty as, 'cause someones in a really baaaad way, but you can sort of see the funny side (though it isn't)?
(Does that sentence make sense? lol)
Well anyway, whenever the missus has been on morphine, I swear man, one of the funniest things ever, lmao.
Now I KNOW I shouldn't laugh about it, she's the missus for one, and in a bad way for another, lots of pain, etc etc.
But shit, 'funny' is 'funny', lol.
Like falling asleep with a mouthful of sandwich (though not proper 'asleep', that doped-up, out-of-it, not-quite-conscience 'asleep'). Then, when prodded 'awake', asking (still with said mouthful) for some water cause, "Iiiieee........caaaaannn'th.....sssssthaallllooooow...."
Or when the timer amount isn't enough (howling in pain, yelling for painkillers), the nurse comes in with a big kick-in-the-arse jab of morphine, there's that almost instantaneous transistion from lucidity to, "THAT's NOT PPAAYEEEEIN......KKIIIILLLLLLEEEeeeeerrrrrrr..........".
Yeah ok, I've got a sick sense of humour - still get shit when I poke fun over that one, lol.
You have the right to remain silent... But I wanna hear you scream!

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

Ironbird13 wrote: after my surgery i've found out i dont like Morphine or Tramadol
Same, was on morphine for my appendix complications, just felt dizzy and headachy and nauseous. People take that stuff for thrills ?
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

RUDENBARK
Gibson

Post by RUDENBARK »

Apparently morphine is just a 'clean' version of heroin.

Yeah, going from all the stuff I've heard, it'd have to be a pretty twisted idea of 'fun'.
You have the right to remain silent... But I wanna hear you scream!

Cabb
Tokai
Tokai

Post by Cabb »

Tremadol made me feel uncomfortable, hungry and sick at the same time... not the best - plain old ibuprofen was very good for me, when I had my wisdom teeth out that is.

Aquila Rossa
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Aquila Rossa »

Cabb wrote:Tramadol made me feel uncomfortable, hungry and sick at the same time... not the best - plain old ibuprofen was very good for me, when I had my wisdom teeth out that is.
If chronic pain is worse than the tramadol side effect, on the whole you will feel better. For me the side effect is not too bad except for the first day can be a tiny bit unpleasant. You get so happy to have your pain levels reduced that the side effects don't worry you so much.

Mods: Can we lock this please. We are way off the mark now. I'm sure a new dodgy dom thread will come along sooner or later.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

Bump
I couldn't remember how to link form thread to thread sorry Mods
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3486 times
Been liked: 1088 times

Post by codedog »

foal30 wrote:Bump
I couldn't remember how to link form thread to thread sorry Mods
Aha! This is re: my recent post about the B-52 amp on FB, I assume? Thanks, Mr. Foal!

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I would avoid the B-52 TBH, I can’t imagine it to be a particularly high quality amp