Name that chord

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

goldtop0
Squier
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 115 times

Post by goldtop0 »

Now hang on hang on hang on,was that B# or Cb :P
And don't reply with E# or Fb because we know that would be a TOTALLY different key okay :!:
Doin' that scrapyard thing.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

As a bassist, if I saw a chord written as Cm7+9sus13/G, I'd tend to try a G note as my first stab, since the /G tells me to do that. However its not always the best choice.

Actually on keys I like to play (not very often mind) different chords with left and right hands - sometimes they blend in an unexpected manner.

Of course the music majors would know why, but I'm an ear player and just do what sounds good.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

My Jazz teacher said you could allways leave out the 1st and 3rd of any chord and play the remainder - presumably the ear fills in the others (although it must only tell major or minor from context/passing tones) so you do have a plethora of notes to choose from neither C nor G.

I've often wondered what two bass guitars (one playing contrabass figures) would do for a group apart from not leaving much bottom end open. Say funk bass slapping and popping in opposed figures. The guitar could note up high on the neck like say African Tsemboule style guitar in between chorus's.

As for your motto, don't you mean 'perfect and incorporeal (no- body)'.
You can't do THAT on stage!