READ THIS EPIPHONE RESPONDS !!!

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

TMG 03
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Post by TMG 03 »

angry_young_poet wrote:it's just a scheme to make more money..

when you buy an epiphone and it sucks.. you start realising the value of the more expensive version.. you save up for the more expensive version, the gibson..

kinda gets you started..

i remember buying an epiphone LP standard cuz i couldnt afford a gibson LP. then when i finally saved enough, bought myself a gibson..

Very true. If you want a Les Paul then Epip/Tokai is where you start, but sooner or later you will move onto the Gibson product.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by Rog »

> Its like Fender products. How do you know than old Strat has the same neck on it that it left the factory with.

Very true. I know my Strat has a different neck on it, 'cos I got it changed from rosewood to maple before it was sent to me. That's one of the beauties of bolt-on necks - versatility.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Post by Bg »

DrRog wrote:>That's one of the beauties of bolt-on necks - versatility.
and lack of sustain :P :lol:
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

angry_young_poet wrote: when you buy an epiphone and it sucks.. you start realising the value of the more expensive version.. you save up for the more expensive version, the gibson..

kinda gets you started..

i remember buying an epiphone LP standard cuz i couldnt afford a gibson LP. then when i finally saved enough, bought myself a gibson..
\

The reverse happened in my case - I bought an Ibanez mainly out of curiosity but got to like it so much for some things that I looked for and bought the original Gibson version it was a copy of (A LP recording) - liked that even better and stuck with it. Kept them both for some time but used the Gibson mostly and so sold the Ibanez.
You can't do THAT on stage!

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

They look like an awesome guitar. I'd like one to tinker and play occasionally. What are the pickups in it, p90s? single coils? single coil sized humbuckers?
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

None of those - they are special one-off low impedence, very clean humbuckers with stacked coils rather then side by side - plus it has more knobs to fiddle with than a west coast rugby team. Think clean with a middy edge of distortion when you ceank her up rather then balls to the wall of a humbucker or that lovely P90 rich sound/high sqeal of a strat - bit like a 50's radio sound (bassy). Very good for Jazz, MOR rock, low vol blues/reggae. No good for metal or anything with more than light distortion.
You can't do THAT on stage!