Help wanted - Epiphone Firebirds - modern wiring/switching

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Help wanted - Epiphone Firebirds - modern wiring/switching

Post by B45-12 »

About a year ago I bought one of the Epiphone Firebird VII (Gibson) copies and have been fooling with it since. It has 3 small humbucker pickups and I've just realised I don't have a clue how they are wired/switch. With the old Gibson 3 pickups it used to be (switch up) Front pickup (switch middle) middle and rear pickups together (switch down (back pickup).

But this one has 3 vol knobs and one tone - however it is not just one pickup at a time but you seem to be able to turn on all 3 p/u using the vol knobs no matter where the toggle switch is??? leaves me wondering what the point of the toggle switch is??

Anyone have a good info or can point to a good net site ref?? The shop simply took the money, wrapped it in bubble wrap and sent me on my way - no handbook etc. Cannot see any info on the Epi site either.
You can't do THAT on stage!

Polar Bear
Burns BHM
Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 342 times

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm fairly sure the one i tried earlier this year was wired jsut one at a time, perhaps yours has been fiddled with. Sounds like it all good though all three at once should sound quite good!
Zephyr - Wellington's Leading Covers Band

http://zephyrband.co.nz/
https://www.facebook.com/ZephyrBandNZ

Richy11
If your 555, then I'm 666

Post by Richy11 »

Polar Bear wrote:I'm fairly sure the one i tried earlier this year was wired jsut one at a time, perhaps yours has been fiddled with. Sounds like it all good though all three at once should sound quite good!
Yeah that would make for an interesting tone. I'd be interested to give that sort of thing a go at some point.

B45-12
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by B45-12 »

Thanks for the thoughts folks - it's more a matter of figuring what's on/switch postions where when you do find soemthing interesting that you want to come back to later.
You can't do THAT on stage!