Recording interfaces

All things guitar, Les Pauls, Strats, Teles, Tokai, Ibanez etc. etc. etc.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Timi
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Recording interfaces

Post by Timi »

Khann wrote:
Timi wrote:If you are just doing all this to use it as a "guitar amp" you are wasting your time.
Well not just a guitar amp - I'd like to record as well. Could I ask why it is a waste of time?
Your original post seemed like you just wanted to get a recording setup because you can't afford a good amp. If that were the case, going for a computer setup wouldn't be a good idea on your budget because you can't get a good interface for your budget. Also, not sure what you would be monitoring through but they would need to sound pretty good to be able to "replace" a guitar amp.

If you are also getting it for the purpose of recording, then yes, you should get an interface. The ones in your budget will be good to start with, but just like a guitar amp you don't want to be using a entry level stuff for too long.

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

yeah my gx is for sketches,ideas etc that can be re-recorded later.there really is no substitute for a mic'd up amp when it comes to the mixdown stage IMHO

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

I disagree, for recording there are lots of good amp sims that do the job really well. But for live, or even just for jamming at home, playing through an amp sim isn't super fun imo

war-wolf
Gibson

Post by war-wolf »

just speaking from experience,a lot of stuff i do tends to be 75%mic'd 25%sim.And taking into account yours and my styles are poles apart.