Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY codedog
HackSaw wrote:The Valved side of the room is currently "The Messy Side", otherwise known as today's job! And yeah that is a cab clone, sitting atop what Molly rightly recognised as a Farmers wicker bedside. (Hand relic model, for extra mojo...)

How are you finding the Cab Clone? It has quite mixed reviews out there. I may end up with one later this week.
BY HackSaw
codedog wrote:
HackSaw wrote:The Valved side of the room is currently "The Messy Side", otherwise known as today's job! And yeah that is a cab clone, sitting atop what Molly rightly recognised as a Farmers wicker bedside. (Hand relic model, for extra mojo...)

How are you finding the Cab Clone? It has quite mixed reviews out there. I may end up with one later this week.

It is great for what it does I reckon. Yes there are mixed reviews, but most of the really bad reviews have come from guys who get to play whatever amp they want at whatever volume they want any time they want. I don't have that luxury so getting to play through my favourite fuzz into real valves and being able to use headphones is real treat. And to me, overall it sounds pretty good actually. If you're looking at the one on FB for $150, well I paid twice that and I am really happy with it!
BY codedog
HackSaw wrote:
codedog wrote:

It is great for what it does I reckon. Yes there are mixed reviews, but most of the really bad reviews have come from guys who get to play whatever amp they want at whatever volume they want any time they want. I don't have that luxury so getting to play through my favourite fuzz into real valves and being able to use headphones is real treat. And to me, overall it sounds pretty good actually. If you're looking at the one on FB for $150, well I paid twice that and I am really happy with it!

Yup, I went all Molly on that one and should have it this Wednesday.
BY jeremyb
The humble beginnings of my studio, got it on a desk in my wardrobe since I have hardly any clothes and it makes sense to keep it outta reach of kids (not mine, mine are great, but some of their relatives....)

Macbook Pro running Ableton Live 9, M-Audio 2x2M going into my Stagesource L2T for monitoring, and my cheap AT headphones, Akai MPK Mini Mk2 and Midimix for twiddling and stuff...

BY jeremyb
:lol: it's actually a suit bag, but we can pretend!
BY jeremyb
:lol: I've still got plenty of normal guitars, after my meltdown on weds I've got all motivated so they're all on a stand in the bedroom by the studio :)
BY Marshmallow
Molly wrote:Thanks to Thomas (Marshmallow) I've a new addition today so this is pretty much everything.

AVRI '64 Tele. PRS SC245. CS '60 Strat. R6
Jet City somethin' or other. Fender Excelsior. Two Rock Studio Pro 22. Mesa RA-100. Dr.Z 'Z-Best' ported 212.

On the look out for another Nocaster. Selling my Tele and AVRI Strat (not shown) to fund it but then I'm done! ;-) Mesa or or vintage-style Marshall 4x12 might be cool though. Confined to the garage for now but plans afoot...

Two rock :crybaby:
BY Molly
Marshmallow wrote:
Molly wrote:Thanks to Thomas (Marshmallow) I've a new addition today so this is pretty much everything.

Sold all those guitars. :-)

Two Rock is still there. Sounds great but you really only appreciate it when you turn it up. Not ideal for home.
BY Marshmallow
Molly wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:

Sold all those guitars. :-)

Two Rock is still there. Sounds great but you really only appreciate it when you turn it up. Not ideal for home.

Attenuator :)
BY Conway
The Two Rocks have 2 master volume circuits built in. Use the one in the effects loop first to cut the bulk of the volume. It's very effective on my 35 watt Studio Pro, no need for an attenuator.
BY null_pointer
Attenuators solve some things (ie breakup at lower vol) but all of them affect tone a little, and some speakers just don't sound that flash until some air is moving (Celestion Gold I'm looking at you), which attenuators just can't help with.
BY Conway
null_pointer wrote:Attenuators solve some things (ie breakup at lower vol) but all of them affect tone a little, and some speakers just don't sound that flash until some air is moving (Celestion Gold I'm looking at you), which attenuators just can't help with.

That was definitely an issue with the Jackson McFly.