Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Re: NPD: Budi G

Post by GrantB »

I didn’t need to hear more clips of this pedal. Now I have. Now I want even more. Damn you GAS.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Darth Sabbathi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 374 times

Post by Darth Sabbathi »

Conway wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:33 pm
jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:43 pm
Conway wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:18 pm Without getting into politics, it wouldn’t be so bad if the kiwi dollar hadn’t been completely stuffed by gross financial mismanagement of epic proportions by the [political part redacted].
There was that pandemic thing which pretty much fucked us over more so than the govt IMO...
Right, then there was the $530 million the Govt spent on a humungous stockpile of Covid test kits, most of which have now expired.
Yeah, Conway, that is 100% getting into politics…

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7742 times
Been liked: 4186 times

Post by jeremyb »

So do we know if this is a clone like the Jan Ray is? I don't feel so bad about having a Jan Ray clone now knowing its a Timmy clone...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Darth Sabbathi wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:40 am
Conway wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:33 pm
jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:43 pm

There was that pandemic thing which pretty much fucked us over more so than the govt IMO...
Right, then there was the $530 million the Govt spent on a humungous stockpile of Covid test kits, most of which have now expired.
Yeah, Conway, that is 100% getting into politics…
That was over 3 months ago, I think I must be saved by the forum statute of limitations…
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:52 am So do we know if this is a clone like the Jan Ray is? I don't feel so bad about having a Jan Ray clone now knowing its a Timmy clone...
Jan Ray is not a clone of Timmy. And the bass and treble work in the correct direction! :moresarc:

And Budi G is unlike any other boost I’ve tried. It is excellent.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Tim and BJFE Honey bee are the only 2 hype pedals I’ve kept all along the merry ride of pedal-go-round…ok also Zen Drive…I’ll check back in a year and see if everyone still loves their buddy Budi before I’ll be pulled back into the black hole of pedal Gas…

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Conway wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:43 am
jeremyb wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:52 am So do we know if this is a clone like the Jan Ray is? I don't feel so bad about having a Jan Ray clone now knowing its a Timmy clone...
Jan Ray is not a clone of Timmy. And the bass and treble work in the correct direction! :moresarc:

Jan Ray is totally a clone, the circuit has the same structure it just uses a different opamp and treble control circuit :rofl:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:26 am

Jan Ray is totally a clone, the circuit has the same structure it just uses a different opamp and treble control circuit :rofl:
So it's different then! And the bass and treble pot sweeps are different too. As well as being in the right direction.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Plus Jan Ray looks much cooler and is in a solid brass enclosure which makes a huge difference to the sonic properties of everything contained therein. Scientific fact! *

(* that I just made up)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Conway wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:31 am
jeremyb wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:26 am

So it's different then! And the bass and treble pot sweeps are different too. As well as being in the right direction.
The right direction thing was a selling point for me too, am tempted to get the real thing when I'm in Japan next year...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Conway wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:32 am Plus Jan Ray looks much cooler and is in a solid brass enclosure which makes a huge difference to the sonic properties of everything contained therein. Scientific fact! *

(* that I just made up)
I'm an aesthetics guy, I was kinda excited when I learned they made their enclosures out of brass :rofl:

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:40 am
Conway wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:32 am Plus Jan Ray looks much cooler and is in a solid brass enclosure which makes a huge difference to the sonic properties of everything contained therein. Scientific fact! *

(* that I just made up)
I'm an aesthetics guy, I was kinda excited when I learned they made their enclosures out of brass :rofl:
Try the KGR Harmony Arare - cast iron enclosure from a Japanese teapot maker. Weighs almost a kilo.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

Conway wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:44 am

(* that I just made up)
Try the KGR Harmony Arare - cast iron enclosure from a Japanese teapot maker. Weighs almost a kilo.
Wow, that looks amazing, even if I don't buy their claim that the weight of the enclosure leads to a "thicker" tone.

Have you heard one?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Conway wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:44 am

(* that I just made up)
Thats wild, however I'm still waiting for someone to make an enclosure out of a neutron star.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1424 times

Post by robthemac »

Oh fuck, Conway, they do a white one with gold knobs...
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.