Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY ReidySetGo
#829888
Slowy wrote: That would all add up to a highly detailed sound.
Bet you don't have many places to hide with those tones! 8)


Yeah it definitely does, especially with the chorus from the JC. I've been really into math rock lately so I've been big into clean tones and it's been great.
User avatar
BY StratMatt
#829896
ReidySetGo wrote:Image
Probably the last time it will be this big, will probably shift the flint, hoof and possibly the RC-30 and Rat at some point but for now it's nice.

The chain is: TU-3 -> Diamond Compressor -> Whammy II -> EQD Hoof -> SS/BS Fuck -> Proco Rat -> DD-500 -> Strymon Flint -> RC-30. They're all on a Pedaltrain 1 and being powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ going into a JC-120.


Very nice. Getting gas again for another pedalboard. Looking forward to the Flint going on sale :wink:
User avatar
BY Single coil
#829992
Modded the metal zone. You can cut a bunch of stuff and it actually becomes an enjoyable pedal :shock:

Image

Guitar >> metal zone >> hum debugger >> amp front end

Effects send >> big muff >> ge7 >> compressor >> tu3 >> dd20 >> effects return

Hum debugger adds a weird sorta slap back at super high gain settings (so when mz and big muff are on), even moreso when it’s on strong. Kinda cool as well as having fuck all noise.

Here’s the mt2 mods thing - didn’t do R42: https://mrfuriousrecords.com/audio/boss ... -zone-mod/
User avatar
BY bluesierra
#830960
So I thought I'd share a few photos of what has been a long term project for me. Been planning and accumulating pedals for some time now with a view to a Schmidt Array / GigRig G2 board (Yes, I watch too much That Pedal Show).

In any case, pleased with how it's turned out. Board is a Schmidt Array SA450 and I've used all Gig Rig power and Evidence Audio solderless cables.

If you haven't already, check out Pedalplayground.com. Great time waster for planning boards.

Image

Image
User avatar
BY StratMatt
#830961
Holy crap dude. I think Dan and Mick would certainly approve of that board!
User avatar
BY bluesierra
#830963
StratMatt wrote:Holy crap dude. I think Dan and Mick would certainly approve of that board!


I tell myself they would. That Gigrig stuff is good gear.
User avatar
BY bluesierra
#830982
jeremyb wrote:Dang!!!! What's that fuzz pedal labelled fuzz???


That is the Kingtone Mini Fuzz. The same company that does the better know Duellist.

There is germanium and silicon versions. This is the germanium versions. It has a little bias dial and a light that lights up when it is biased correctly, which supposedly compensates for the germaniums sensitivity to temp changes. Working great so far. Sounds massive.
User avatar
BY KNNZ
#830983
bluesierra wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Dang!!!! What's that fuzz pedal labelled fuzz???


That is the Kingtone Mini Fuzz. The same company that does the better know Duellist.

There is germanium and silicon versions. This is the germanium versions. It has a little bias dial and a light that lights up when it is biased correctly, which supposedly compensates for the germaniums sensitivity to temp changes. Working great so far. Sounds massive.


Where did you buy the Benson Preamp from and how do u like it? Keen to try one :mrgreen:
User avatar
BY Darth Sabbathi
#830984
bluesierra wrote:That is the Kingtone Mini Fuzz. It has a little bias dial and a light that lights up when it is biased correctly, which supposedly compensates for the germanium's sensitivity to temp changes.

The light is a very clever idea. :geek:
User avatar
BY bluesierra
#830987
KNNZ wrote:
bluesierra wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Dang!!!! What's that fuzz pedal labelled fuzz???


That is the Kingtone Mini Fuzz. The same company that does the better know Duellist.

There is germanium and silicon versions. This is the germanium versions. It has a little bias dial and a light that lights up when it is biased correctly, which supposedly compensates for the germaniums sensitivity to temp changes. Working great so far. Sounds massive.


Where did you buy the Benson Preamp from and how do u like it? Keen to try one :mrgreen:


I got it off Reverb. I really like it. It is versatile from light boost to almost fuzz like distortion. Nice and responsive to the volume knob and lots of shades of drive available.
  • 1
  • 239
  • 240
  • 241
  • 242
  • 243