JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by JHorner »

chur wrote:Thanks to Molly for the PT Pro, I now have a pretty solid board. The switcher is a little glowy at night, so might have to add some bigger resistors to the blue LED's to calm them down, but they aren't like lasers in your eyes at least.

Spent an hour today chasing a horrible hum, ended up being the Wah, which due to me removing the rubber feet to aid with sticking the unit down, leaving only the bare screws on the base, has scratched through the PT black to the chassis, and was causing some weird ground loop with the power supply unit. Sorted now though with a bit of tape.

I had visions of the underneath wiring being a piece of art... yer that didn't happen. Dunno how people have the patience.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wYNnbXRThikUHnsb2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TwEUg4k5sszptgRL2

btw, I'm not left handed, but I find the Wah etc on the left so much more natural.
What are the stubby straight plugs going into the switcher and where did you get them?

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

JHorner wrote:
chur wrote:Thanks to Molly for the PT Pro, I now have a pretty solid board. The switcher is a little glowy at night, so might have to add some bigger resistors to the blue LED's to calm them down, but they aren't like lasers in your eyes at least.

Spent an hour today chasing a horrible hum, ended up being the Wah, which due to me removing the rubber feet to aid with sticking the unit down, leaving only the bare screws on the base, has scratched through the PT black to the chassis, and was causing some weird ground loop with the power supply unit. Sorted now though with a bit of tape.

I had visions of the underneath wiring being a piece of art... yer that didn't happen. Dunno how people have the patience.

btw, I'm not left handed, but I find the Wah etc on the left so much more natural.
What are the stubby straight plugs going into the switcher and where did you get them?
Just normal mono quarter inch plugs with that spring support piece removed. Nothing special, just jaycar units from memory.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

I feel like a right gimp trying to wah or press pedals with my left foot.
Maybe cuz it’s my clutch foot?
It’d be handy to have two right feet in this instance lol.

Ooh reminds me, I’ve got a wah volume I’m borrowing off a bloke I know just sitting on a shelf.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Single coil wrote:I feel like a right gimp trying to wah or press pedals with my left foot.
Maybe cuz it’s my clutch foot?
It’d be handy to have two right feet in this instance lol.

Ooh reminds me, I’ve got a wah volume I’m borrowing off a bloke I know just sitting on a shelf.
Weird huh, I'm right handed, but for some reason using my left foot I felt more in control for wah while playing standing. I have a shitty back, so I generally always practice standing.
I thought it might have been because my guitar body is resting on my right hip upper leg but who knows..just a bit of a pain when the first pedal in a chain needs to be far left.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

You could get around that with a small box bypass looper thing.

I have a shit back too. I should play standing more lol.
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

telefiend
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 109 times

Post by telefiend »

Little afternoon project. Hacked apart an old suitcase and voila!

Never been a big pedal guy, but I've got more than usual now, so needed a place for them. Have a trem I'll probably chuck on there too. And plenty of space for the Big Muff when it comes back from being modded by Tony :thumbup: Little Dino pedal is covering fuzz in the meantime, though it doesn't work with the power supply. I have no idea what it is, but it's a velcro ripping sounding thing. Lee from Lightning Wave gave it to me years ago and he doesn't recall its origin either.

imarco
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by imarco »

Oldest pedals > Timeline, OCD, and Pitchblack.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4148 times

Post by jeremyb »

If you're not in a worship band I'd be concerned!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

imarco
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by imarco »

jeremyb wrote:If you're not in a worship band I'd be concerned!
That's why I'm trying to sell/swap the McFly because it's not enough to be in a worship band. Hahaha

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Tidy!!

Easier than adding a resistor is just put some of that christmas present sticky tape over teh LEDs, that calms them down.

Jake
Gibson
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 107 times

Post by Jake »

Just finished wiring up the latest iteration!

Signal chain:
Input->Tuner->Volume Pedal->Octron->Cusack Screamer->Sassy OCD Clone->ABY Box
Then from the ABY, one goes Flashback->HOF2->Loop station input 1->Guitar Amp
The other goes straight to Loop station input 2-> Bass amp

This is what I use for my solo looping thing (loop pedal MIDI syncs to drum machine). Loving the addition of the ABY pedal for keeping the bass lines through the seperate amp, or just going mental with distorted dual amp octave craziness

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

All I took from that was the sassy pedal

You fucken druggo.

Jake
Gibson

Post by Jake »

Single coil wrote:All I took from that was the sassy pedal

You fucken druggo.

Best part is that his joint lights up when you turn it on...

Single coil
BANNED

Post by Single coil »

I wanted a mike nolan delay but I cheaped out

Jake
Gibson

Post by Jake »

Peper's Pedals (who made the Sassy one) could whip you one up pretty cheap, he made a Mike Nolan bass overdrive so could just use the same image and layout. Great guy too, bloody reasonable rates. He also made the pink ABY switcher on my board