Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Re: Show us your pedalboard

Post by Mini Forklift »

kdawg2a wrote:
php9wCynsPM.jpg
Current set up that i'm (mostly) pleased with.

TC polytune, Seymour Duncan pickup booster, Catalinbread DSL mk1 (the main overdrive), $25 Klon (does a pretty convincing job!), JB/Fuzzie bro tube screamer, EHX nano Muff (the bit i'm not sure of, probably need to get my Fuzzgod back off JB), Ibanez Gilbert Flange/ whooshy noise box, EHX nano reverb, MXR phase 90 eddie van dooshbag phaser, BOSS! Super chorus ( the Roses require an 80's chorus and this does not let me down), TC prophet delay because delay for me is an ocilating noise.
Pretty sure that’s my old Nano Muff as I recognise the control knob I put on it. Might be keen to take it back if you’re looking at dropping it from your board ;-)

kdawg2a
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Post by kdawg2a »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:
php9wCynsPM.jpg

TC polytune, Seymour Duncan pickup booster, Catalinbread DSL mk1 (the main overdrive), $25 Klon (does a pretty convincing job!), JB/Fuzzie bro tube screamer, EHX nano Muff (the bit i'm not sure of, probably need to get my Fuzzgod back off JB), Ibanez Gilbert Flange/ whooshy noise box, EHX nano reverb, MXR phase 90 eddie van dooshbag phaser, BOSS! Super chorus ( the Roses require an 80's chorus and this does not let me down), TC prophet delay because delay for me is an ocilating noise.
Pretty sure that’s my old Nano Muff as I recognise the control knob I put on it. Might be keen to take it back if you’re looking at dropping it from your board ;-)
I'm thinking of returning to the fuzzgod so yeah, we can sort something out if you like.
1935 Martin D-45, 1942 Gibson Southern Jumbo,1950 Fender Broadcaster, 1954 Fender Strat, 1958 Gibson Moderne prototype, 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
1958 Fender twin, 1965 Vox AC30, 1966 Marshall JTM 45, 1977 Dumble OD Special.
Big black garbage bag full of original Klon Centaurs and TS808s.

jumpingtam
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by jumpingtam »

My current board. I'll be replacing the BE-5M next week with a Boss MS-3.

But more importantly I have to share my experience with a line conditioner I found in our storage unit. This bloody thing silenced my rig, everything is dead quiet now.
nothing to see here

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

New board is finally all done and wired up! Sounds great, and the Gigrig power supplies are really something :thumbup:
Really happy with how this has come out. Ticks all the boxes. I wanted something as compact/light as possible without loosing anything. Overall, the size is a bit wider, but less deep than a Pedaltrain 1, and due to the base being only about 8mm it sits very low, and even with the tier it probably only ends up around the same height as a PT-1. The base and top tier are Balsa wood, and the two sides are 10mm Pine. Even when loaded the board is very light. No tricks to the board signal order. Whirlwind AB/Y splits after my tuner, which means I can use one cable in for either electric or acoustic guitar, and just send it where it needs to go at that point. The little red-ended power cable is for a pedal which will sit off the left end, and be last in chain. Like the Wah, I prefer it sit off the board.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

Classy as always Si. How's the Waza vibrato pedal compare to the original? (I recall you had one?)
Nothing to see here.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Miza wrote:Classy as always Si. How's the Waza vibrato pedal compare to the original? (I recall you had one?)
Cheers Mike, already reaping the benefits which is always good! VB-2w is great, man. If there is a difference it must be pretty negligible in my opinion. In fact, I'd almost hazard that the signal through the Waza ones might be a bit "better/clearer". In terms of how it reacts and works, though it's been a little while since I had my original one, I can't say I would be able to pick out the difference. They certainly react in the the same way, and the wobbly characteristics are the same :thumbup:

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

kdawg2a wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:
php9wCynsPM.jpg

I'm thinking of returning to the fuzzgod so yeah, we can sort something out if you like.
Flick me a PM about the EHX Muff, sorry for the slow reply. Forgot all about it!

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

Here's my current one.

Polytune -> Effects bakery compressor --> shin's double platinum / Shinssky Superdrive --> sage --> Free the tone Chorus ----> Mini Vent --. Strymon El Cap --> Strymon Flint ---> boss RC-1. Pretty simple setup.

mule
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by mule »

SimonHirst wrote:Image
What's the hotcake + all about?

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Marshmallow »

mule wrote:
They cost nearly $700 here in Japan. That's one of the first ones right?

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

mule wrote:
It's a DOD EQ pedal set completely flat, but with a slight volume boost which I use to push the front end of the Hotcake. It's just a way of gain-staging/stacking, but instead of using two different drive pedals (which is probably the more common way) I do it this way and it essentially gives me two Hotcake gain settings :thumbup:

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Marshmallow wrote:
mule wrote:
They cost nearly $700 here in Japan. That's one of the first ones right?
It's definitely very early. Circa 78. I'm no expert at all but I've read that Paul (Crowther) made the first one in about 76 when with Split Enz, so it's about as near a the beginning as I'll ever get :D

ReidySetGo
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by ReidySetGo »

Probably the last time it will be this big, will probably shift the flint, hoof and possibly the RC-30 and Rat at some point but for now it's nice.

The chain is: TU-3 -> Diamond Compressor -> Whammy II -> EQD Hoof -> SS/BS Fuck -> Proco Rat -> DD-500 -> Strymon Flint -> RC-30. They're all on a Pedaltrain 1 and being powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ going into a JC-120.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2465 times

Post by Slowy »

ReidySetGo wrote:Image

The chain is: TU-3 -> Diamond Compressor -> Whammy II -> EQD Hoof -> SS/BS Fuck -> Proco Rat -> DD-500 -> Strymon Flint -> RC-30. They're all on a Pedaltrain 1 and being powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ going into a JC-120.
That would all add up to a highly detailed sound.
Bet you don't have many places to hide with those tones! 8)
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

ReidySetGo
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by ReidySetGo »

Slowy wrote: That would all add up to a highly detailed sound.
Bet you don't have many places to hide with those tones! 8)
Yeah it definitely does, especially with the chorus from the JC. I've been really into math rock lately so I've been big into clean tones and it's been great.