Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Molly
Couldn't go a whole year without a Strat so bought this. Knew the dealer from years ago and trusted his assessment. It's all the things a CBS Strat isn't supposed to be. Good neck fit, light (7.5lbs) and besides a refret it's completely unadulterated. Wiring's never been touched. Even had the wee bridge cover with it. All in all, a really clean example.

Can't claim it's the most resonant Strat I've ever played. Maybe a nitro refin might be an idea? Intending to put a tortoise shell pickguard on it. Actually, I've a set of CS'69s here so might just make a drop in.

:thumbup:
BY AiRdAd
The guitar looks wicked Brian. Love it!!! You must be desperate for good guitars to break your black body/rosewood fretboard rule :-)
BY Molly
AiRdAd wrote:The guitar looks wicked Brian. Love it!!! You must be desperate for good guitars to break your black body/rosewood fretboard rule :-)

I know... Both guitars I've considered have been exactly that! Figured the brown tortoise shell guard might help blend the brown fretboard in a bit better.
BY Single coil
Nonono don’t you start fiddling with that one sir
BY Molly
Single coil wrote:Nonono don’t you start fiddling with that one sir

Appen as I should leave it be. :thumbup:
BY MrDINO
Yes they are hard to stay away from.
I Like the black arrangement. If resonant is what your after you might have to head out to the WW.
BY olegmcnoleg
Nice!

I used to have one just like that, a ‘79. I really like the black on black look. That one is in great condition, the finish fell off mine just from looking at it.
BY sizzlingbadger
Thats a really clean example, I wouldn't start messing with it at all.

Play it, find out what its good characteristics are and enjoy those, each guitar has its own life and this one has already made it to over 40 without being altered.
BY GrantB
Cool. I like black strats.

Those frets look wide and low...refret you say?
BY Molly
GrantB wrote:Cool. I like black strats.

Those frets look wide and low...refret you say?

They are. One dressing too many maybe. Dealer was clear about it so no surprises. Plays well but I'd like them a bit taller.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
I would be leaving that one as it is, nice find. Just lovely.

Always wanted a guitar from the Year I was born for some reason.