sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Re: NCD - Mesa 2x12

Post by sty »

jeremyb wrote: You're welcome to long term loan my Ryan built one, can bring to work tomorrow! Tis in my bag, gimme a shout in the morning if you want to grab it (or the cable lol).
You're a star JB!

Can I come over and grab it over lunch? will let me check this out before I head off at the end of the week without buying a new lead.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

sty wrote:
jeremyb wrote: You're welcome to long term loan my Ryan built one, can bring to work tomorrow! Tis in my bag, gimme a shout in the morning if you want to grab it (or the cable lol).
You're a star JB!

Can I come over and grab it over lunch? will let me check this out before I head off at the end of the week without buying a new lead.
For sure man, hit me up on messenger if you want to arrange a time :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sty »

Holy Crap, that's proper big boys toys stuff!

Even the Katana at 0.5W was potentially scary, but a quick test at 100W with some low gain/volume power chords and I wasn't hitting those hard for fear of waking the neighbourhood.

I'm ever so glad I resisted the urge to get a quad, I'd have never been able to let that rip, this is going to be tough enough as it is.

But ever so much fun I feel is going to be had. Everything suddenly feels a lot more lively and real :)

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by opsguy »

These are great cabs. I have one also. If you haven’t already, try removing just the rear castors so the cab tilts backwards. I got over my OCD and did it a few weeks ago, much easier to hear the full range of the speakers.

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 837 times
Been liked: 358 times

Post by jimi »

opsguy wrote:These are great cabs. I have one also. If you haven’t already, try removing just the rear castors so the cab tilts backwards. I got over my OCD and did it a few weeks ago, much easier to hear the full range of the speakers.
Thanks, that’s a great idea!

No issues with the head sliding off? The feet on my Marshall head aren’t quite tall enough and it sits partially on the handle, would make me a little nervous.

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by opsguy »

This worried me as well but it seems stable - the feet just clear the handle of the cab so it sits fine. I did consider replacing the feet on the head with taller more "grippy" feet but so far no need.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

I had a Mesa 2x12 cab a while back, think I got it from Molly. Looked great and solid as (think from memory it was 23kg), mine had the Black Shadow speakers in it and if I'm honest it was probably the only cab I have been able to notice any major difference to how my amp/guitar sounded.

Nice tip with regards to taking the back castors off, I'm gonna try that today :thumbup:

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sty »

opsguy wrote: I have one also. If you haven’t already, try removing just the rear castors so the cab tilts backwards. I got over my OCD and did it a few weeks ago, much easier to hear the full range of the speakers.
That's a great tip, When I get around to installing castors I will probably do that since it currently feels that the cab is way down on the floor by my ankles at the moment - it's not in it's proper place yet as I'm still wiring up wall plugs etc. at that end of the room