Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Molly
If you're offended by my casual gear-go-round you don't have to read this. Most folk here like seeing new gear and what's moving about the forum so this is for you.

Arrived today. Marshall Origin 50 head to pair with my THD cab. Huge thanks to RS Dave for the deal on this one. Not a high-gain Marshall particularly but if you want to Kossoff the night away, it's perfect. Has a two button footswitch for the loop and gain boost. Variable wattage too. Sounds way, way better than it should for the money. Reassuringly weighty.

Here's an excited German to talk about it:

In other news, cheers to Troy for this sexy wee Fender-voiced thing.

Like this demo:

And now this:

Last edited by Molly on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY jeremyb
Blimey, congrats!
BY Single coil
HEY MCFLY

butthead
BY Kris
interesting-is the origin shooting for plexi type tones?
BY Molly
Kris wrote:interesting-is the origin shooting for plexi type tones?

Apparently, yes.

Just had my Les Paul through it. It positively 'blooms'. Very dynamic. Is say it's pretty unforgiving too.

RS are sending on the footswitch so for now I can't access the loop.
BY Olderama
Wabang nice one son :)
BY Kris
awesome,looks to be a good option for those not wanting to pay big old iron money.
BY Molly
Kris wrote:awesome,looks to be a good option for those not wanting to pay big old iron money.

Indeed. My last Bluesbreaker was a dead-loss. Probably dropped on it half what this one cost.
BY Bg
Molly wrote:If you're offended by my casual gear-go-round you don't have to read this. Most folk here like seeing new gear and what's moving about the forum so this is for you.

Arrived today. Marshall Origin 50 head to pair with my THD cab. Huge thanks to RS Dave for the deal on this one. Not a high-gain Marshall particularly but if you want to Kossoff the night away, it's perfect. Has a two button footswitch for the loop and gain boost. Variable wattage too. Sounds way, way better than it should for the money. Reassuringly weighty.

Here's an excited German to talk about it:

In other news, cheers to Troy for this sexy wee Fender-voiced thing.

Like this demo:

Nice... Kemper didn't do the job?
BY Molly
Bg wrote:

Yes and no. :-)
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Damn, Molly beat me to it. Someone please buy my Tokai so I can buy both the 50w Origin head & combo! I’ve had these on my radar for a few months.

Do you get the footswitch with it or is that additional?
BY Bg
Molly wrote:
Bg wrote:

Yes and no. :-)

yeah - my headrush - yes and no ;)
It is awesome but it doesn't heat my office :D
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Damn, Molly beat me to it. Someone please buy my Tokai so I can buy both the 50w Origin head & combo! I’ve had these on my radar for a few months.

Do you get the footswitch with it or is that additional?

It comes with it but I left it in the shop... Duh.
BY jeremyb
$999 for a 50W tube amp with a marshall badge, holy moly!