Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

**NHD**

Post by griff »

New Headphones day.
Sennheiser HD600.
One of the best gear purchases I have made.
Convinced the wife I absolutely neeeeed them, as ya do.
But yeah, flat frequency, clear as crystal, plenty of detail and all that. But the sound stage with these things is very impressive.
Stereo imaging in other words.
Probably won't be mixing with monitors again.
Open backs and very comfortable. Forget you're wearing them after a while.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Re: **NHD**

Post by Slowy »

griff7628 wrote:New Headphones day.
Sennheiser HD600.
But yeah, flat frequency, clear as crystal, plenty of detail and all that. But the sound stage with these things is very impressive.
HD600 here too. Not much good as monitors but my favourite 'phones. I spent a week with the 600's and the 650's before deciding I liked the 600's better. Do you have a decent headphone amp? If your signal source is good, the HPamp will give you another level.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

It's funny you bring that up about the amp. I use an audient interface. So I emailed the Audient crew asking about powering them straight off the interface and they said no problem there.
So, while they do indeed get very loud off the interface, I have no idea if a dedicated power amp will make them sound better. What do you reckon Slowy? Any recommendations for an amp that wont cost a shit tonne?

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Apparently the sensitivity of the cans mean more than the impedance rating. I dunno.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by dayl »

griff7628 wrote:It's funny you bring that up about the amp. I use an audient interface. So I emailed the Audient crew asking about powering them straight off the interface and they said no problem there.
So, while they do indeed get very loud off the interface, I have no idea if a dedicated power amp will make them sound better. What do you reckon Slowy? Any recommendations for an amp that wont cost a shit tonne?
How are the headphone amps in the Audient, Griff? Im still get a bare bones recording setup together. I grabbed the Audient Ben was selling but havnt had a chance to test. Would be nice to be able to work with cans from time to time.

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

Sennheiser HD600.
Not sure if your just doing it for yourself or not but getting it to sound right on one set of headphones could make it unlistenable on anybody else's system
don't you have to think of the lowest common denominator as well

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

kwhelan wrote:
Sennheiser HD600.
Not sure if your just doing it for yourself or not but getting it to sound right on one set of headphones could make it unlistenable on anybody else's system
don't you have to think of the lowest common denominator as well
Absolutely. While I am a fair way off letting my stuff get playtime on my friends stereos, I bounce parts back and forth between our home stereo and some cheaper headphones. It translates pretty well. Like I said, the sound stage is good, so gets it pretty close.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

dayl wrote:
griff7628 wrote:It's funny you bring that up about the amp. I use an audient interface. So I emailed the Audient crew asking about powering them straight off the interface and they said no problem there.
How are the headphone amps in the Audient, Griff? Im still get a bare bones recording setup together. I grabbed the Audient Ben was selling but havnt had a chance to test. Would be nice to be able to work with cans from time to time.
It's not bad aye. It certainly gets very loud so no problems there, but not sure how it would compare in terms of fidelity compared to a dedicated amp. Not much difference I would imagine, as the Audient has a good sensitivity rating I believe.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by dayl »

cool, bro. Thanks. Cant wait to get this this jammin.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

All good. Man the Audient has a great preamp aye. I've been cranking it to about 2 o'clock and getting some nice soft clipping. Much further though and it introduces noise if you're going for high gain guitar.