NGD and show us your set up (SG content)

Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 227 times

NGD and show us your set up (SG content)

Post by Delayman »

Very happy recipient of an SG from Grant. Shown here with the rest of the small herd.

The SG is much more 'rounded' sounding than I expected - which is great! I thought it might be a bit brasher.

Really happy with the upgrade from the faded SG 3 pick up which I also enjoy a lot.

Poor old tele came out its case for the photo - i'd forgotten it wasn't even strung. Used to be number 1.

Happy days.Image[/url][/url]
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: NGD and show us your set up (SG content)

Post by KNNZ »

Awesome gear mate! beautiful vox u got there! what kind of Vox is that?

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

KNNZ wrote:Awesome gear mate! beautiful vox u got there! what kind of Vox is that?
AC15C1 but with upgraded reverb and Celestion Blue. Love the set up, much more plug and play than some I've had.

Looking at my simple pedalboard makes me feel like my username is a bit fraudulent now. Might have to do a clear out of gear I'm not using now.
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Awesome! Love SG's into a Vox

I think that Vox is my old one I did up - cracker wee amp that one.

I also think a Wine-red strat would be perfect match for that setup :mrgreen:
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

TmcB wrote:Awesome! Love SG's into a Vox

I think that Vox is my old one I did up - cracker wee amp that one.

I also think a Wine-red strat would be perfect match for that setup :mrgreen:
I agree - but the difference between my outgoing Jaguar and incoming SG has been noted and I am battling redirection efforts. :lol:

1300 is a great price. My tele is the same year, 1989.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Delayman wrote:Very happy recipient of an SG from Grant. Shown here with the rest of the small herd.

The SG is much more 'rounded' sounding than I expected - which is great! I thought it might be a bit brasher.

Really happy with the upgrade from the faded SG 3 pick up which I also enjoy a lot.

Poor old tele came out its case for the photo - i'd forgotten it wasn't even strung. Used to be number 1.

Happy days.
Nice work! Glad you're enjoying it. Maestro equipped SGs have a more airy chime to them than a stop tail. Gibson in recent times have tried to make SGs sound like a LP for some reason. I really dig that open sound and I think Delayman, with your other SG you'll have all bases covered.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Delayman wrote:
KNNZ wrote:Awesome gear mate! beautiful vox u got there! what kind of Vox is that?
AC15C1 but with upgraded reverb and Celestion Blue. Love the set up, much more plug and play than some I've had.
Oh, that sounds familiar. Did you get that from Conway? I owned one like this for a while, and liked it very much.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
Delayman wrote:
Oh, that sounds familiar. Did you get that from Conway? I owned one like this for a while, and liked it very much.
I got it from Eruera, before that sizzling badger, but that doesn't mean that Conway and you haven't been in the chain.

Maybe we should have a book of Chronicles thing going on - "And lo I possess an AC15 and Conway begat Oleg begat..."

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

GrantB wrote:
Delayman wrote:Very happy recipient of an SG from Grant. Shown here with the rest of the small herd.

Happy days.
Nice work! Glad you're enjoying it. Maestro equipped SGs have a more airy chime to them than a stop tail. Gibson in recent times have tried to make SGs sound like a LP for some reason. I really dig that open sound and I think Delayman, with your other SG you'll have all bases covered.
Yep, I have a bluesbucker to put in one slot of my Faded which apparently: "looks like a standard humbucker, but sounds like a P90 and cancels 60-cycle hum as effectively as the average humbucker."

So then I think it will be all bases covered. Although I have wondered about putting a 3 way selector on the faded and making the middle one redundant - who needs 6 combinations!

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

olegmcnoleg wrote:
Delayman wrote:
Yeah, I got it from Tod, upgraded it, sold it to SizzlingBadger - not sure where it went from there
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

TmcB wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Delayman wrote:
Yeah, I got it from Tod, upgraded it, sold it to SizzlingBadger - not sure where it went from there
So do I need to check that the speaker has not just been painted blue? Conway?

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

Delayman wrote:
TmcB wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
So do I need to check that the speaker has not just been painted blue? Conway?
Nope. My one came from Phil to me to Oleg back to me. And is now sitting in the beach house to be used for 3 weeks a year. I should probably move it on, it'll just be sitting there till next Christmas.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Besides, this one is blonde tolex, isn't it? Mine is standard black.

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Delayman »

Conway wrote:Besides, this one is blonde tolex, isn't it? Mine is standard black.
Yep it's blonde tolex. Makes a huge tone difference. More fun somehow.

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Conway »

Delayman wrote:
Conway wrote:Besides, this one is blonde tolex, isn't it? Mine is standard black.
Yep it's blonde tolex. Makes a huge tone difference. More fun somehow.
LOL.