Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY willow13
#792834
jvpp wrote:
(But first I need to make a second one for a very patient person)



:mental:
User avatar
BY Bg
#792836
Lyle wrote:Gear room is transforming into a nursery so I've wall mounted my guitars.

Image + an acoustic in the nursery and the guitar I'm playing at the moment (currently the HP special) hanging in the lounge.


Thats literally a cloak room for a night club where guitars are banned....

"Sorry you have to check your guitar...."
User avatar
BY Lyle
#792840
Molly wrote:I dunno... I think the kid might think it's a fairground shooting gallery. ;-)


People like the relic look right? :shock:
User avatar
BY WellyBlues
#792842
Lyle wrote:Gear room is transforming into a nursery so I've wall mounted my guitars.

Image + an acoustic in the nursery and the guitar I'm playing at the moment (currently the HP special) hanging in the lounge.

How gutted will you be when the kid grows up to be a drummer?! Top marks for trying though.
User avatar
BY StratMatt
#793830
Blocked the trem on the Tremonti today; was too problematic for my patience. Super Distortion in the bridge and a Gotoh PAF in the neck. Uncovered and covered like the USA model. Black Gotoh locking tuners to stealth out the headstock a bit.

Pretty happy overall, going to be a bit of a practise guitar for mods. Gonna change the caps out for 0.022 orange drop caps, maybe do the pots later on. Alpha pots in there now, only thing I don’t like is the stiffness when turning the controls.

Image
Image

And picked up this gem of a strat. 60’s vintage spec, nitro finish and Klein pickups which are perfect. Rolling back the bridge tone with a crunchy amp gives this great vocal wah like tone.

Image
Image
User avatar
BY jvpp
#794477
Cut a new nut, adjusted the vibrato arm, oiled the fretboard with Lizard Spit, adjusted the truss rod for a bit more relief, set intonation, gave it a good clean and put on new strings. Good as gold and smooth as Tennessee Wiskey...

Image
User avatar
BY Eruera
#794478
jvpp wrote:Cut a new nut, adjusted the vibrato arm, oiled the fretboard with Lizard Spit, adjusted the truss rod for a bit more relief, set intonation, gave it a good clean and put on new strings. Good as gold and smooth as Tennessee Wiskey...

Image


Nice! You grabbed one of the special run Princetons :-D
User avatar
BY jvpp
#794484
Indeed. A slightly different beast when compared to the standard Princeton, but quite something.
User avatar
BY StrummersOfThunder
#794489
jvpp wrote:Cut a new nut, adjusted the vibrato arm, oiled the fretboard with Lizard Spit, adjusted the truss rod for a bit more relief, set intonation, gave it a good clean and put on new strings. Good as gold and smooth as Tennessee Wiskey...

Image


wow they make a classy pair! Especially nice set against the wicker ware
Would imagine the yamaha pickups sounds quite nice through a princeton reverb.
Must come and have a go on that combo :thumbup:
User avatar
BY Slowy
#819125
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG

I know acoustics are viewed as poor relations around here but I love them.

An excellent reunion dinner and jam last night with bandmates from 20 years ago. We kept it acoustic (apart from bass and some keys). We haven't played together for about 7 years but the groove was still there; very cool.

The sound was absolutely brilliant, driven as it was by an old and frayed Maton, a GS7 Taylor, S23 Lowden and a D41 Martin.

The Maton has always been there but the other guitars are a major step up from the Tama and two FG Yamahas we used to play.
User avatar
BY codedog
#819126
Slowy wrote:The sound was absolutely brilliant, driven as it was by an old and frayed Maton, a GS7 Taylor, S23 Lowden and a D41 Martin.


Is that GS7 ex-Oleg?
User avatar
BY Slowy
#819131
codedog wrote:
Slowy wrote:The sound was absolutely brilliant, driven as it was by an old and frayed Maton, a GS7 Taylor, S23 Lowden and a D41 Martin.


Is that GS7 ex-Oleg?

Actually, it is Oleg's. We are currently in an appraisal period. Or put another way, I've been avoiding him. :rofl:
User avatar
BY olegmcnoleg
#819135
Slowy wrote:
codedog wrote:
Slowy wrote:The sound was absolutely brilliant, driven as it was by an old and frayed Maton, a GS7 Taylor, S23 Lowden and a D41 Martin.


Is that GS7 ex-Oleg?

Actually, it is Oleg's. We are currently in an appraisal period. Or put another way, I've been avoiding him. :rofl:


Yeah, he keeps telling me he hates it. He’ll figure it out soon enough though.
  • 1
  • 151
  • 152
  • 153
  • 154
  • 155