Lets all drool over your stuff :)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

User avatar
BY Conway
#709185
null_pointer wrote:I'm the bass player in this outfit, however my guitars are still in action as the guitarist likes the Vox a little too much for my comfort...

And the Caribou. Doesn't he have any guitars of his own?

Also, where are your nerdy glasses?!
BY null_pointer
#709186
Conway wrote:
null_pointer wrote:I'm the bass player in this outfit, however my guitars are still in action as the guitarist likes the Vox a little too much for my comfort...

And the Caribou. Doesn't he have any guitars of his own?

Also, where are your nerdy glasses?!


Yep, and the Rev in a full set too (too many detunes for one guitar). Funnily enough up until 10 years ago I was pretty blind (-5.25 per eye with astigmatism) but laser surgery sorted that...
User avatar
BY Vince
#713813
Interesting gig last night at Valhalla. Drummer had left us pretty much stranded ("oh, if I really must!" type attitude) but I remembered a congas guy I'd jammed with months ago and luckily, he accepted to fill in. And it pretty much worked.

The gig itself was a bit of a rag-bag, the idea was to have comedians and bands. There was a pretty good Trump impersonator and the MC was going to go into the usual Hutt bashing thing and asks "Is anyone here from THE HUTT?" So we put our hands up and the headliner band puts THEIR hands up and the people that came with us all put THEIR hands up and it turned out that most people in the room were from somewhere in the Hutt. So the jokes moved to Palmerston North.

I don't normally enjoy standup but I thought it'd be good to put the band in front of a different crowd to see what happened. It was good, but I don't think they put enough effort into advertising it. We had some friends and people who hung around to watch us but there wasn't much left by the time the 2nd band took the stage at the end of the evening. Anyway, herez pics.

Image

Image

Image

Nice amps, but mine is the baby Vox to my immediate left.
User avatar
BY Olderama
#718754
Scooter13 wrote:From a couple of months ago, put together courtesy of lovelands:




Kinell m8 i was at Denes 30th were you there too?
User avatar
BY SimonHirst
#719094
Here's a shot from a gig last night courtesy of lovely-guy Simon Travaglia. And yes, that's my attempt at a barre chord.....

Image
User avatar
BY calling card
#719102
[quote="SimonHirst"]Here's a shot from a gig last night courtesy of lovely-guy Simon Travaglia. And yes, that's my attempt at a barre chord.....



In my 9 years here I think I've developed about 4 differing mutations of barre chord.
User avatar
BY SimonHirst
#719109
calling card wrote:In my 9 years here I think I've developed about 4 differing mutations of barre chord.


This version had a very muted effect...
User avatar
BY Bg
#719120
calling card wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:Here's a shot from a gig last night courtesy of lovely-guy Simon Travaglia. And yes, that's my attempt at a barre chord.....



In my 9 years here I think I've developed about 4 differing mutations of barre chord.


Indeed, I go lazy most times nowadays. just the one finger if I can get away with it... two at most.
User avatar
BY Bg
#719147
I just do A shape barchords, and only use the a strings too. Even then its a bit of a chore.
  • 1
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42