An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY jeremyb
:thumbup: or :thumbdown: ?
BY GrantB
Love 'em...
BY willow13
JHorner wrote:Shall we just exclude the 80s from this one?

no way ... all Billy is good Billy

:thumbup: :thumbup:
BY jeremyb
I hear he uses very light gauge strings, never really listened to his music, his beard is impressive tho'.
BY sirvill
One of my favourites

Live at Daryl's house is always a good time, but the Billy ones are awesome:

Last edited by sirvill on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY kdawg2a
La Grange is fun because it's on the Dogtown and Z boys soundtrack and he's got a great collection of guitars but............. nope.
BY werdna
Billy G tasteful but not awfully technical. I think I'd go to sleep if I tried to learn one of his solos. Good songwriter. Still pumps out a good song. His vibe is half down on the ranch half arts school, which you can't say about anyone else.

Love Dogtown and Z boys. Righteous.

Tres Hombres lp has a fold out photo of the most awesome Mexican lunch that ever existed.
BY Danger Mouse
Another guitarist who is a master of timing. He has a boogie and swing to his playing that is really, really fucking hard to emulate, I've learned a couple of his solos before and I can play them but I can't sound like him.

I rate him as one of my favourite guitar players, so :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
BY null_pointer
I prefer him as a frontman more than a guitar hero to be honest - love a lot of ZZ but doesn’t make me want to play like that if ya know what I mean...
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Have given his stuff a good few attempts but can’t really get into it. Can appreciate his passion and contribution to music, but can’t say it really does anything for me. Same goes for Beck & Page.
BY Vince
jeremyb wrote:I hear he uses very light gauge strings, never really listened to his music, his beard is impressive tho'.

I like that the drummer is called Beard and he doesn't have one and ZZ Top are asked about the beards in interviews they will say something like "What beards?"

But I sort of find Gibbons' tone to be too clean or something. I just don't get it.
BY Terexgeek
Everything he does has got a good beat and you can dance to it, it's a :thumbup: from me.