Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Re: Clapton

Post by k1w1 »

jimi wrote:
k1w1 wrote:I'd be keen on that if you will post to Lower Hutt.
Sure, PM me your address. I'll get it in the post.
Many thanks PM sent, when you know postage PM your account #.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Watching the Clapton doco on prime tonight, I realised I hadn't offered this on. Deal is I will post to whoever wants it and postage is donated to BG for the forum. It was an interesting read, lots of bio stuff but also interesting album trivia.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

k1w1 wrote:Watching the Clapton doco on prime tonight, I realised I hadn't offered this on. Deal is I will post to whoever wants it and postage is donated to BG for the forum. It was an interesting read, lots of bio stuff but also interesting album trivia.
Could I get it?

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

No worries mate, PM me your address and it will be in the mail this week.

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by SimonHirst »

Dharmajester wrote:
HappyEnding wrote: I bought his autobiography years ago when it came out. Really should get around to reading it.
Chuck it and remain a fan.
Yes, I agree with this!

mugamee
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by mugamee »

Not a clapton fan per se but boy the london session with howlin wolf and the beano album by john mayall were amazing.
Fuzz Face Forever...
Get in touch with me via Instagram: mugvug_and_ollie

Litterick
Gibson
Has liked: 268 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Litterick »

Rolling Stone interviewed Clapton for the 15th October 1970 edition. Among much interesting stuff, Clapton had this to say about Jagger:
Well, he asked me to play with the Stones last year, before he found Mick Taylor. But I was into the Blind Faith thing … so no. And since then we’ve seen a hell of a lot of one another, and that’s just out of friendship. But he’s never suggested anything. Maybe he doesn’t feel that he wants to be pushy. Or he’s too shy to say it, because he’s as shy as I am. I know that he likes the group and he’d probably like to use us on some sessions. But I think he’s got a good band himself.
What might have been?

corsair
Gibson
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by corsair »

His output with John Mayall was exceptional, and he took that into Cream and Blind Faith, both outfits I listen to/have covered/really like, but - and this probably means I haven't grown musically since then - I really am ambivalent about his output since then! Inoffensive, bland pop music in the 70s and 80s, and regression since then, with the very good Unplugged record in the mix as well, though Nirvanas' Unplugged was simply mega and relegated EC to 2nd place....
I imagine that most in here have had to cover Lay down Sally, or Wonderful tonight more often than is good for a growing boy... "'cause that's what the punters want to hear".. but by and large, if I want to listen to a 60s Brit guitarist, then Ritchie will do nicely, thank you! :-)
There is no sort of aberrant behaviour that cannot be modified by use of the correct ammunition!

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

corsair wrote:His output with John Mayall was exceptional, and he took that into Cream and Blind Faith, both outfits I listen to/have covered/really like, but - and this probably means I haven't grown musically since then - I really am ambivalent about his output since then! Inoffensive, bland pop music in the 70s and 80s, and regression since then, with the very good Unplugged record in the mix as well, though Nirvanas' Unplugged was simply mega and relegated EC to 2nd place....
I imagine that most in here have had to cover Lay down Sally, or Wonderful tonight more often than is good for a growing boy... "'cause that's what the punters want to hear".. but by and large, if I want to listen to a 60s Brit guitarist, then Ritchie will do nicely, thank you! :-)
? Richie? Richard Clapton?

:D
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

HappyEnding wrote:New Slash/Steve Jones interview
Clapton's influence on Eddie VH.
I was reading a forum post the other day where someone was breaking down Cream live solos and showing where bits popped up in Van Halen songs. I hadn't realised how big an influence he was on Eddie.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

k1w1 wrote:No worries mate, PM me your address and it will be in the mail this week.
Received today! Thanks very much. That and a new guitar mag. My luvleee Mrs met me on the driveway, passed them both to me and sent me off to the local cafe. :thumbup: