sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Re: Praise & Worship

Post by sirvill »

I think it looks more ridiculous because we literally know it was made up - like the founder was a fiction writer. And he was alive in our living memory so we know this.

Now in a few hundred years... haha.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

But look at the Mormons, their story is even more ridiculous, I think the sooner the world moves away from organized religion and people find their own form of personal spirituality the better :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

sirvill wrote:I think it looks more ridiculous because we literally know it was made up - like the founder was a fiction writer. And he was alive in our living memory so we know this.

Now in a few hundred years... haha.
Speaking of "... alive in our living memory..." it's freaky how many little ministries, or whatever they call it, have popped up all around Asia. My flatmate from uni days got involved with one that worshipped this dude in Japan who claims long line of incarnations, including Hermes and some other ancient deities. Then there are my cousins in Jakarta involved in similar things with dudes claiming other similar lineages. Humanity does indeed have a tendency to bend at the knees!

Imagine if they all have their own lines of music production... well... maybe they do...

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

What was the rule again? Oh yeah NO RELIGION. Thanks.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

LOL better lock it then BG, altho' I thought we were having a fairly civil conversation :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Yep but it opens the floodgates and before you know it, tom cruise will be posting
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.