An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Bg wrote:yeah but I ignore JB's taste in artistes

Haha so do I usually but Steven Wilson is the exception. Had these albums on rotation for most of this week...

Blackfield - Blackfield V
The Pineapple Thief - Your Wilderness
Steven Wilson - To The Bone
Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase

Just stunning, all of them.
BY jeremyb
willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:what the fuck, why didn't anyone tell me about Steven Wilson? I've had him on spotify at work for the last 2 days, it took dave k to get me interested but you wankers should have pointed him out!

:shock: ... JB is jizz'd on about him for ages mate. Me personally hate him for destroying Opeth :rofl: :rofl:

I've been frothing about him for years man, his solo stuff and porcupine tree, no man, blackfield etc... and no, he didn't ruin Opeth, he did some of their greatest albums with them but Mikael like Steven likes to make music for himself, and is a massive fan of 70s prog, so no surprises as to the direction he went :)
BY willow13
jeremyb wrote: and no, he didn't ruin Opeth, he did some of their greatest albums with them but Mikael like Steven likes to make music for himself, and is a massive fan of 70s prog, so no surprises as to the direction he went :)

no he totally fucked them :rofl:
BY Bg
jeremyb wrote:
willow13 wrote:
Bg wrote:what the fuck, why didn't anyone tell me about Steven Wilson? I've had him on spotify at work for the last 2 days, it took dave k to get me interested but you wankers should have pointed him out!

:shock: ... JB is jizz'd on about him for ages mate. Me personally hate him for destroying Opeth :rofl: :rofl:

I've been frothing about him for years man, his solo stuff and porcupine tree, no man, blackfield etc... and no, he didn't ruin Opeth, he did some of their greatest albums with them but Mikael like Steven likes to make music for himself, and is a massive fan of 70s prog, so no surprises as to the direction he went :)

yeah but why didn't you post it here?
BY jeremyb
I've mentioned him numerous times over the years...
BY hamo
jeremyb wrote:I've mentioned him numerous times over the years...

Considering he used to be your avatar, I feel like maybe beeg is winding you up...
BY Bg
hamo wrote:

Considering he used to be your avatar, I feel like maybe beeg is winding you up...

erm, sadly not ....
BY hamo
Bg wrote:
hamo wrote:

erm, sadly not ....

:oops:
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
hamo wrote:Considering he used to be your avatar, I feel like maybe beeg is winding you up...

Kinda still is his avatar :?
BY hamo
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
hamo wrote:Considering he used to be your avatar, I feel like maybe beeg is winding you up...

Kinda still is his avatar :?

I wouldn't know
BY Basket Case
willow13 wrote:
jeremyb wrote: and no, he didn't ruin Opeth, he did some of their greatest albums with them but Mikael like Steven likes to make music for himself, and is a massive fan of 70s prog, so no surprises as to the direction he went :)

I know you're totally trolling, but for anyone who may be taking your seriously- SW produced Blackwater Park.

'nuff said.
BY jeremyb
Basket Case wrote:
willow13 wrote:

I know you're totally trolling, but for anyone who may be taking your seriously- SW produced Blackwater Park.

'nuff said.

Nah he's serious, we've actually had this discussion before :lol:
BY Basket Case
jeremyb wrote:
Basket Case wrote:
willow13 wrote:

'nuff said.

Nah he's serious, we've actually had this discussion before :lol:

Oh, so he must be one of the few who prefers the music for sleeping that Mikael has made since SW stopped producing ;-)
BY sirvill
Steven Wilson is a bloody genius.

Basket Case wrote:
willow13 wrote:

'nuff said.

Willow probably thinks they went downhill after Still Life :p