An area to discuss erm... musicians?

Moderator: Capt. Black

User avatar
BY jeremyb
#643455
finn61 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I'm starting a post djent project!


Hahaha my friend and I have been joking about that for the last couple of months.

That'd basically be a whole lot of rhythmic picking that you wouldn't be able to hear because of delay and reverb anyway :rofl:


:lol: My plan is to build a one string 30" scale guitar tuned to F ala the djentstick and do the rhythmic stuff with that then use my normal rig to do atmospheric stuff over the top, would be kinda cool I reckon!
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#643458
mrmofo wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Fulfilled a dream last night and saw mogwai, was fucking amazing, so intense!


I was at the Auckland Show, great to see and hear. the Juno was HUGE!!!! pumped out bass for days bro. I was up the front and just loving the sheer volume and band dynamics.
My only gripe was the choice of Guitars the Guys use. I cant accept that many Telecasters, black ones, cream ones and then when its time to Chunk, the dynamics grow in momentum to a sheer amount of post Djent all we got was Twang Twang Twang.
The guitarists should invest in an KH2 or a Les Paul and bring the Brootz when needed as the Tellies' didn't bring it on the night.
damn good album and show.


Can't say I've ever thought of their tone as twangy, I use my tele with filtertrons quite a bit in our band, but been giving the LP some love again recently, which I don't think sounds as good thru my rig as the tele, but has more balls, hmmm....
User avatar
BY finn61
#643460
jeremyb wrote:
finn61 wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I'm starting a post djent project!


Hahaha my friend and I have been joking about that for the last couple of months.

That'd basically be a whole lot of rhythmic picking that you wouldn't be able to hear because of delay and reverb anyway :rofl:


:lol: My plan is to build a one string 30" scale guitar tuned to F ala the djentstick and do the rhythmic stuff with that then use my normal rig to do atmospheric stuff over the top, would be kinda cool I reckon!


I would pay to see this :lol:
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#643461
oh crappola - does getting into this new-fangled genre mean I have to overhaul my rig? I did have to google djent, and I definitely won't go down that path. Can barely cope with six strings and 4/4 is tricky counting for my brain.
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#643465
finn61 wrote:
jeremyb wrote: :lol: My plan is to build a one string 30" scale guitar tuned to F ala the djentstick and do the rhythmic stuff with that then use my normal rig to do atmospheric stuff over the top, would be kinda cool I reckon!


I would pay to see this :lol:


:thumbup:
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#643466
HackSaw wrote:oh crappola - does getting into this new-fangled genre mean I have to overhaul my rig? I did have to google djent, and I definitely won't go down that path. Can barely cope with six strings and 4/4 is tricky counting for my brain.


The forum will make you want to overhaul your rig on a daily basis anyway, at least a new genre will give you a purpose!
User avatar
BY HackSaw
#643469
jeremyb wrote:
The forum will make you want to overhaul your rig on a daily basis anyway, at least a new genre will give you a purpose!


Nah, it's a desire to make up for lack of musicianship and skill through the purchase of new toys that makes me want to overhaul my rig. It's also why I reckon I might start some sort of droney noise death punk post apocalyptic rockabilly swing band.
User avatar
BY mrmofo
#643476
@Jeremyb

The guitar tone overall was superb, my comment or concern was only in the heaver parts of the songs. I missed the chunk of humbuckers and the attitude of a harder personality type.
:moresarc:
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#643477
mrmofo wrote:@Jeremyb

The guitar tone overall was superb, my comment or concern was only in the heaver parts of the songs. I missed the chunk of humbuckers and the attitude of a harder personality type.
:moresarc:


All good bro! :thumbup:

Heres a track by my band Samsara, it's a little rough in spots as it's just a demo, posted it elsewhere on here but it kinda belongs here....

User avatar
BY HackSaw
#643482
Sweet track Jeremy, at the start of this thread did I read you were just learning? There might be hope for me yet, see you back here in 4 years!
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#643483
HackSaw wrote:Sweet track Jeremy, at the start of this thread did I read you were just learning? There might be hope for me yet, see you back here in 4 years!


:) Took me ages to pluck up the courage to play with others, but now I have a really great bunch of dudes in the band and we are all passionate about the kinda music we make which makes a massive difference :)
BY Thewilltopowerrock
#643486
HackSaw wrote:
jeremyb wrote:
The forum will make you want to overhaul your rig on a daily basis anyway, at least a new genre will give you a purpose!


Nah, it's a desire to make up for lack of musicianship and skill through the purchase of new toys that makes me want to overhaul my rig.


As Jeremy said, the forum :lol:
User avatar
BY finn61
#643487
The dangerous thing is I already spent too much on gear before I joined this forum... I'm scared now...
User avatar
BY jeremyb
#643728
Live recording from band practice of our track "Ender"

User avatar
BY druz15
#653988
my post rock project is starting to gain some traction finally.

Got a new bass player, very driven, writes heaps of cool shit and helps bring more structure to everything.

Here's our first decent recording, this one actually has vocals haha.

https://soundcloud.com/cecilturbine/con ... percussion

It's really evolved beyond a Russian Circles wanna band which is what it kind of started as

We definitely have some post metal moments (esp in the tracks written by me) but the bassist brings a poppier melodic side to things.
But we're also starting to bring in a math element as well (inspired by Battles & Tortoise) so starting to bring in weird time signatures and sampling and stuff. Picked up a Novation Launchkey Mini from work the other day, really fun to sample bass/guitar sounds, fuck them up in logic and then chuck em on the sample pads and make some weird sounding shit
  • 1
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15