Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY foal30
Kev77 wrote:I ordered a lakland chi sonic pickup that arrived today, like a darkstar, guild kind of vibe for my new pbass project.

Did you ever get the Thunderbird ones?
BY Delayman
What do you guys think of this bass? I like aria pro ii stuff. Looking for a bass for my 13 yr old daughter, but I want something that will last her for a few years.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/instruments/guitar-bass/bass-guitars/auction-2002491672.htm
BY Single coil
That aria will weigh a fuckin ton, probably be problematic unless she’s a big girl.
Loved my squier vm mustang - short scale, lovely round neck, p bass thud when you wanted it.
BY jeremyb
Delayman wrote:What do you guys think of this bass? I like aria pro ii stuff. Looking for a bass for my 13 yr old daughter, but I want something that will last her for a few years.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/instruments/guitar-bass/bass-guitars/auction-2002491672.htm

The rockbass Corvette I bought is really nice, light and easy to play, bought it off a woman too, would definitely recommend for a smaller player :)
BY Delayman
Single coil wrote:That aria will weigh a fuckin ton, probably be problematic unless she’s a big girl.
Loved my squier vm mustang - short scale, lovely round neck, p bass thud when you wanted it.

That weight thing is a good point, thanks.
BY Kev77
foal30 wrote:
Kev77 wrote:I ordered a lakland chi sonic pickup that arrived today, like a darkstar, guild kind of vibe for my new pbass project.

Did you ever get the Thunderbird ones?[/quote

I was looking at a T bird option, but I went with these because I’d heard they’re especially sweet with flat wounds.
BY foal30
I got more Chromes from Cheeseboy but still haven't restrung the '71 Jazz

Weighing up wether I sell off my shit and nail it down to 3 instruments that do what I need. I've been dithering for at least 3 years about this
BY TmcB
foal30 wrote:I got more Chromes from Cheeseboy but still haven't restrung the '71 Jazz

Weighing up wether I sell off my shit and nail it down to 3 instruments that do what I need. I've been dithering for at least 3 years about this

Do it - I’ll relieve the burden of that P bass from you
BY foal30
TmcB wrote:
foal30 wrote:I got more Chromes from Cheeseboy but still haven't restrung the '71 Jazz

I'll probably keep that one for a while :)
BY TmcB
foal30 wrote:
TmcB wrote:

I'll probably keep that one for a while :)

Fancy that :mrgreen:
BY Terexgeek
foal30 wrote:https://thehardtimes.net/music/irresponsible-musicians-leave-bassist-hot-van/

Thought this was humorous

You haven't bitten a sound guy in a while.