Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY el byrdo
jeremyb wrote:Picked this up today, rock bass corvette, made by warwick, really neat, thought it was active, but it's actually passive so kinda happier with that!

NICE! guitarists who can't compose for bass are rubbish! :evil:
BY AiRdAd
That looks cool!!! - it kind of has a similar vibe to your jazzmaster doesn't it. With a translucent mat finish etc
BY kdawg2a
jeremyb wrote:Picked this up today, rock bass corvette, made by warwick, really neat, thought it was active, but it's actually passive so kinda happier with that!

That is going to be a great asset for our dubstep project.
BY el byrdo
haha I often listen to drum and bass and think... gee this is BASS music yet you can't make a coherent melodic bassline? hahaha. Peter Hook has the modern electro cucks whipped. lol. Everybody knows the past is better than the present.
BY jeremyb
kdawg2a wrote:

I wrote a new song today, it goes wub wub wub wub .. wub wub wub wub .. wub wub .. wub wub ..
BY Terexgeek
jeremyb wrote:
kdawg2a wrote:

I wrote a new song today, it goes wub wub wub wub .. wub wub wub wub .. wub wub .. wub wub ..

You need a wobbly bass bit that goes WUAAAAAAAABB..wub wub..WUAAAAAAAAABB as well.
BY jeremyb
Finally got a chance to try out the 'vette, plugged into the THR10X on the bass setting, sounds bloody great, can't wait for the american drive to show up so I can try that as well, chuffed!
BY Mattallica
Cashconverters have a better range of cheap basses than Trademe atm. Not sure if they ship though. I would pick up the MTD P-bass they have listed if didn't already have the same model. Chuffed with mine. Do want MTD J-bass to round out the set
BY jeremyb
Anyone play with a pick apart from wannabe guitar players like me? I really like the tone I get with a thick guitar pick :)
BY Bg
jeremyb wrote:Anyone play with a pick apart from wannabe guitar players like me? I really like the tone I get with a thick guitar pick :)

I use both, some songs sound wrong without a pick and vice versa. And some songs I play with both - pick in the chorus, fingers during verse.
BY foal30
jeremyb wrote:Anyone play with a pick apart from wannabe guitar players like me? I really like the tone I get with a thick guitar pick :)

Sometimes but not often

Quite like a pick with bridge mute