Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
smallface wrote:
Bg wrote:
foal30 wrote:
Is that the 200W Dave had up on TM?

In case that wasn't clear, yes....
New head cab be built :) I just a band now.... haha

Lovely amp mate, 200 watts @ 8 ohms or 350 watts @ 4 ohms. I've enjoyed gigging with it :-)

It used to be a combo, looking at the badge :D I'm doing research lol
BY smallface
By jingo you could be right on the money sir! :D
BY smallface
foal30 wrote:2 years 2 months ago I bought a 300 watt valve monster and life changed

I approve! What do you have?
I've done a similar thing too a couple of months ago :-)
BY H671
smallface wrote:
foal30 wrote:2 years 2 months ago I bought a 300 watt valve monster and life changed

I approve! What do you have?
I've done a similar thing too a couple of months ago :-)

Yum :thumbup:
BY Kev77
That Pbass is perfection
BY smallface
1971 and very light. Just love that bass! :-)
BY Bg
Frey wrote:https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/instruments/guitar-bass/bass-guitars/listing-1679182555.htm?rsqid=486c0f2917b0495391a6440adbd3095b

bet this is nice AS. total late phase peter hook vibes.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=34984
BY jeremyb
Basket Case wrote:I decided I really need a 5 string and just bought this https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1672929929

Has anyone had any experience with LTD basses? The reviews seem pretty positive.

I had one, was a bloody nice instrument, just got no use!
BY Single coil
I’m actually fuckin loving the bass cricket bat
BY Vince
Frey wrote:https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/instruments/guitar-bass/bass-guitars/listing-1679182555.htm?rsqid=486c0f2917b0495391a6440adbd3095b

bet this is nice AS. total late phase peter hook vibes.

I quite like Yamaha basses. If I hadn't lost all interest in electrics, I'd get one. I used to own a BBG4 with active pups and the quilt top.

I had been tyre kicking it for a few weeks at a music shop and one day I went in and there was this Cool Kid with his rich dad and the Cool Kid was having a bit of a go and shaking his head in a "no" motion. Wimpy fucking player. He put it down with a bit of a sneer and he and his rich dad moved on to look at another bass. That dismissiveness gave me the shits in no uncertain manner. After all, that was the bass I was always too afraid to buy. It was a love that dared not pull out its credit card.

Anyway, while they were faffing around, I asked the sales guy if I could have a go at the BBG4 and played something like Leo Kottke doing Vaseline Machine Gun. I finished and Cool Kid and parent were looking quite stunned. I channeled Ray Charles in The Blues Brothers and said to the sales guy "I don't think there's anything wrong with this bass, I'll take it!"

I still feel like a bit of a bully for having behaved that way, after all, it's none of my business what people think of gear. But it was a fucking nice bass and I got many years of enjoyment out of it. If I was still into electrics, I would haunt eBay until I found one. Yamaha makes very nice things.