Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
apparently this model always had the emgs - the real ones.
BY Bg
Bg wrote:apparently this model always had the emgs - the real ones.

been playing it for a couple of hours, been learning Is the life we really want by Roger Waters, it needs that precision thump, and its delivering it. Comfortable to play - settles nicely on the knee without a fold out stand thing, needs flats though if I keep it ;)
BY foal30
Once you have flats you can never back

good that it rests with a fold out. FWIW the same Korean factory made Spirit, Hohner and Cort if Steinberger World isn't Fake News

Edit for beers

Once you have flats you can never go back

Good that it rests in the sitting position without need for the fold out leg rest.
Last edited by foal30 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY Bg
foal30 wrote:Once you have flats you can never back

good that it rests with a fold out. FWIW the same Korean factory made Spirit, Hohner and Cort if Steinberger World isn't Fake News

Yeah that's what I'd heard, certainly as good as the hohners I've owned.
BY Bg
Longscale v shortscale - opinions?
Spent the last few months on the shortscale Aria, and I love that to pieces! The cort is long scale so now my fingering (oh-err) is fucked up.
So - stick with the short scale on the Aria that is my favourite bass, and switch between or just sell the cort?

On guitars I can happily switch between scale length but... bass? fucking hell!
BY Single coil
Well. :shifty:
BY Bg
I've not decided. I boiled the strings, they're way better.

Issue is not knowing where my frets are. Make me a decent offer and its yours. Else its off to REVERB with it.
BY smallface
I've got a couple of Hofner short scale basses and do find them a bit cramped after the longer scale basses, but that's OK. The Ampeg fretless has a scale length of 34.5", which takes a bit of getting used too after a short scale bass. But the one that wrecks my head is the Bass VI. It's 30" scale, same as the Hofners, but too many strings :-) Keep both :-)
BY Bg
I always did long scale before, but moving between is going to do me brains in, so longscale or short? I have to go with one :(
BY smallface
I tried that 1 bass thing for a while......cough cough. It didn't work out that way in the end ;-)

Far be it for me to suggest you head towards that slippery slope but,...................................................... go there :)
BY sirvill
Bg wrote:I always did long scale before, but moving between is going to do me brains in, so longscale or short? I have to go with one :(

You don't tune much below standard eh? Shortscale!
BY foal30
Bg wrote:I always did long scale before, but moving between is going to do me brains in, so longscale or short? I have to go with one :(

I only use 35" fivers or 34" four stringers

How you position your strap will make a big difference

In the seated position push the instrument out on your left thigh

No shit.

I'm not in favor of selling a bass because of scale length playability. If you got a Steinberger tomorrow you shouldn't sell your Hollowbody Aria eh.
BY Bg
Nope I wouldn't, the Aria is an instrument of delight :) It permanently sits on the right knee. the cricket bat doesn't sit there naturally, but does on a strap. So swapping between somewhat buggers me up.

I think I'm saying - do you have both long and short and do you swap between.
BY foal30
When you first went headless did you have an issue with your left hand overshooting low? It appears to have been a common thing. It's a solvable problem through practical application.

Also if the Aria is 30" / Cort 34" that's a far larger discrepancy than my situation so 100% ymmv