Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY el byrdo
I don't even own a bass amp so I have no right to be talking about bass tone. I think I marginally prefered the rio grandes in the carlos though.
BY TmcB
Swapped out the singles in my AVRI ‘75 Jazz for Nordstrand NJ4SV’s, noiseless split pickups. They’re real nice but I think for once fender nailed the stock pickups in an instrument.
BY Bg
foal30 wrote:
Bg wrote:still loving my 1970 Aria :) Short scale suits my short scale office/practice room/studio....

70 aria rb 375.jpg

What did you end up stringing this with? Have you tried a bridge mute?

Ended up with stainless flats and jolly good they are :) . Yes I quite often put a piece of sponge underneath on the bridge, love the tone. Would like one of these.... http://www.bassmute.com/bassmute/bm_mainframe.html

But may end up making something myself to lift up some sponge/felt.
BY smallface
Yes, not too many around apparently. Apparently only 200 of the fretless ones. This is a 1968 Ampeg AMUB-1. Rick Danko had one too :-)
BY foal30
Thinking about selling some gear to purchase that nice looking EBMM fretless on TM presently. I'm just a complete Nana with letting things go however...
BY smallface
foal30 wrote:Thinking about selling some gear to purchase that nice looking EBMM fretless on TM presently. I'm just a complete Nana with letting things go however...

Beautiful looking bass! :D
BY kwhelan
spent the day cleaning up and setting up a vester precision copy from cash converters, someone had cranked the truss rod to a banana for some reason and the action was about 10mm. wondering about fitting an ashtray to bridge now as bridge is plain ugly and see that some have rubber padding. Didn't know this was a thing for basses, is it an improvement and is the pickup cover a good idea or a complete nuisance.
I need to add a thumb rest also but wonder whether the pickup cover would be in the way or do you pick behind the cover
BY smallface
I've put the covers on my P Basses from time to time as I think they do look great. I prefer to play without them on, but it's not too difficult to play fingerstyle with them on. Having said that, if I have them on I always make sure I have a screwdriver in my case just in case I'm taking them off! :-)
BY Single coil
I tend to pick close to neck, but when I’m fingering it Oh, my! I’m quite close to the bridge.
BY foal30
smallface wrote:I've put the covers on my P Basses from time to time as I think they do look great. I prefer to play without them on, but it's not too difficult to play fingerstyle with them on. Having said that, if I have them on I always make sure I have a screwdriver in my case just in case I'm taking them off! :-)

What's the story with the Fretless P? I'm curious
BY smallface
foal30 wrote:
smallface wrote:I've put the covers on my P Basses from time to time as I think they do look great. I prefer to play without them on, but it's not too difficult to play fingerstyle with them on. Having said that, if I have them on I always make sure I have a screwdriver in my case just in case I'm taking them off! :-)

What's the story with the Fretless P? I'm curious

Still waiting for it to arrive. I'll update when I get it. :-)