Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY foal30
GrantB wrote:Must pull out my old musty thing and show it to you guys. This weekend!

Some of us are hoping it's a Bass!
BY Bg
GrantB wrote:Must pull out my old musty thing and show it to you guys. This weekend!

and... banned.
BY SimonHirst

Uh-oh, think you're on the wrong 'gear forum' again GB...
BY SimonHirst
foal30 wrote:I like Red P Bass
But I want a matching headstock

Fair enough too! I've always preferred the natural headstocks myself, but I could get the crayons out and give it a whirl :think:
BY jeremyb
GrantB wrote:Must pull out my old musty thing and show it to you guys.

:mental:
BY TmcB
foal30 wrote:'76 maple
Quite like this bass despite historical rap sheet of CBS era Fender

Image tubs

I just...man so much want.

The only bass I ever attempted to buy on the spot
BY foal30
Kev77 wrote:My Frankenstein p, jazz neck, TI flats and a tonestyler Varitone in the tone slot. Duncan antiquities and a badass bridge.

Can you buy a Jazz profile neck that says 'Precision '? Or custom order?

Have you looked at the fretless Black Precision on TM? If so is that a '70s neck? Cheers bro.
BY Frey
I saw that. Looks like a 70s neck but I'm not expert. Good deal though I hate playing fretless. I keep playing out of tune!
BY Bg
still loving my 1970 Aria :) Short scale suits my short scale office/practice room/studio....

70 aria rb 375.jpg
BY Frey
That looks cool as. In other news my jap squier P is just as good as the American Standard P I had. The bartolini pickup sounds mint even though I'm just playing through my guitar amp. Good enough for some crappy recordings!
BY foal30
Frey wrote:I saw that. Looks like a 70s neck but I'm not expert. Good deal though I hate playing fretless. I keep playing out of tune!

A common issue :o
No consolation but it does get better with time.
BY foal30
Bg wrote:still loving my 1970 Aria :) Short scale suits my short scale office/practice room/studio....

70 aria rb 375.jpg

What did you end up stringing this with? Have you tried a bridge mute?
BY foal30
Frey wrote:That looks cool as. In other news my jap squier P is just as good as the American Standard P I had. The bartolini pickup sounds mint even though I'm just playing through my guitar amp. Good enough for some crappy recordings!

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Bartolini's. Been my pickup upgrade option for 20 years. The stock one in my Growler is a heavy thing.
BY TmcB
Bart’s are smooth and chocolately, sound lovely. I like more bite and snarl myself but it’s still a tasty tone.