Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Single coil
Here's my old Aria sg copy. Frets are just about toasted but I love it.
Produces a very musical thuddy sound. Has a good whack of depth, but not too much.
Also pictured: Cheap and cheerful ashton head (onboard eq and compressor so I'm happy) and whacko loudspeaker I plug it into. It nukes most of the highs. You can tell it's battling with the compressor. I'll sort it out eventually.

Anyone want to tell me what year it is? I think 1980.

BY KNNZ
dammit a Dingwall Nolly Sig 4string for sale on the book of face!!! I hate to see it for sale coz it's distracting me! and I want it! I don't even play much bass :crazy: :mental:
BY Single coil
foal30 wrote:I don't know the Dating system for Aria's.
What's it's scale length? Tried it using a plectrum w/ palm mute?

30" probably. It's short scale.

Palm mute is a sometimes food for bass. Guitar I can manage cuz I'm not twisting or contorting the dodgy wrist.
BY foal30
Single coil wrote:
foal30 wrote:I don't know the Dating system for Aria's.
What's it's scale length? Tried it using a plectrum w/ palm mute?

30" probably. It's short scale.

Palm mute is a sometimes food for bass. Guitar I can manage cuz I'm not twisting or contorting the dodgy wrist.

If I had a $ for every guitarist with a "dodgy wrist" :lol:
BY Single coil
foal30 wrote:If I had a $ for every guitarist with a "dodgy wrist" :lol:

sunburster wrote:Anyone like Fender Mustang basses? I will, at random times, suddenly have GAS for one, but I've never played one.

Ab. So. Fucking. Lutely loved mine. Squier vm model. Narrow neck (across fretboard), nice and round so filled the hand nicely. Good old style radius on it.
Played it in half step and DGdg with flats - fuck me, what a sound. Cgda was a bit much for it.
For me it's the p bass sound but a far more familiar and malleable feel.
I'll have another one when I have that lotto win for sure.
BY bassmuso
Custom built bass by myself and Morris Taylor in Hamilton some years ago - this was stolen then recovered 2 years later. Has Nordstrand NJ4SV Vintage Hum-Cancelling pickups 7.25" radius to match the 1964 Jazz copy neck, Pickup blend control, Volume,Standard hi cut & Sub low cut (all passive), Body shaped as a slightly longer stratocaster (to accommodate long scale) body made with kwila - oiled only and due to the density got it down to 1 1/2" in depth - Bridge MK1 Badass with extra brass under (this gives an idea of age - bridge new at the time)
Attachments
Full front smll.jpg
BY Single coil
That's pretty damn cool.
BY jvpp
Don't play but have acquired bad taste... supposedly

BY Single coil
I’ll play it for you.

The Yamaha.