Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY foal30
Terexgeek wrote:
foal30 wrote:Apparently "Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo was recorded on a Wal not a MusicMan as I always thought/assumed.

A little nervous about the next band practice...

Fretless Boner on standby. You asked for Jazz :lol:
BY smallface
foal30 wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
foal30 wrote:Apparently "Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo was recorded on a Wal not a MusicMan as I always thought/assumed.

A little nervous about the next band practice...

Fretless Boner on standby. You asked for Jazz :lol:

Actually this message would make me nervous :lol:
BY Single coil
Just tidied up a samick (yes, samick) precision copy.
Bright and bold. Sounds good!
BY foal30
smallface wrote:

God I really miss my Wal basses....
Pretty sure that Grant Fell (RIP) ended up with my first one. I know the guy who has my 2nd one. When he bought it someone had swapped out the Wal preamp in favour of a Bartolini preamp which was a shame. Spoke to a mutual friend on the weekend and I understand the owner is looking to put the Wal preamp back in. A good move I reckon. :-)

Grants got a Wal in the "Mr Moon" video IIRC
Caught them live a few times, Stunt Clown is a fucking great record.
BY foal30
Single coil wrote:Just tidied up a samick (yes, samick) precision copy.
Bright and bold. Sounds good!

Ex-student had a Valley Arts Samick
The '80s Samicks were an upgrade on the Hondo which was either better suited for archery or you needed the strength of five men to accurately fret a note.
BY jeremyb
foal30 wrote:
smallface wrote:

Pretty sure that Grant Fell (RIP) ended up with my first one. I know the guy who has my 2nd one. When he bought it someone had swapped out the Wal preamp in favour of a Bartolini preamp which was a shame. Spoke to a mutual friend on the weekend and I understand the owner is looking to put the Wal preamp back in. A good move I reckon. :-)

Should have had a headless bass for a headless chicken!
BY Delayman
jeremyb wrote:
foal30 wrote:
smallface wrote:

Should have had a headless bass for a headless chicken!

I’m clearly way out of the Nz music scene.

I didn’t realise he’d passed away, boy he put some great songs out! That’s a shame.
BY smallface
Interesting Jazz Bass up on TM at the moment.
Advertised as a 1965, but there seem to some unoriginal parts on there which would significantly affect the price. At a glance, logo is wrong and the pickguard is not original.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1645300279
BY foal30
Steve will be happy with $355 for the Guild

I've said it before so I'll say it again .... I never bid on an auction where the seller says "pick up only" then accepts bids from out of town/location

I would of bid up to $1100 on that auction.
BY Kris
foal30 wrote:
I've said it before so I'll say it again .... I never bid on an auction where the seller says "pick up only" then accepts bids from out of town/location

To be fair-thats usually the fault of the bidder not reading the auction details.Its a bit tedious having to check all the details of your bidders.
BY foal30
Kris wrote:
foal30 wrote:

To be fair-thats usually the fault of the bidder not reading the auction details.Its a bit tedious having to check all the details of your bidders.

The Seller "controls" the Auction though.

Regardless... $350 for a Guild Pilot is an absolute steal.
BY smallface
foal30 wrote:
smallface wrote:Interesting Jazz Bass up on TM at the moment.
Advertised as a 1965, but there seem to some unoriginal parts on there which would significantly affect the price. At a glance, logo is wrong and the pickguard is not original.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1645300279

10K overpriced?

Probably. I reckon this is the bass here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213912379737139&set=pcb.1759432050770711&type=3&theater&ifg=1
BY Kev77
Anyone holding a quality Pbass body? I have a jazz body with nice pups etc and I'm looking to make a trade of bodies, and or hardware. Its not a fender, but custom made by a geezer in the states. Alder I believe. I can dig up the name of the builder, maybe. The colour is probably Aztec silver, has a few imperfections.