Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY smallface
Kev77 wrote:Anyone holding a quality Pbass body? I have a jazz body with nice pups etc and I'm looking to make a trade of bodies, and or hardware. Its not a fender, but custom made by a geezer in the states. Alder I believe. I can dig up the name of the builder, maybe. The colour is probably Aztec silver, has a few imperfections.

I have a P bass body (sunburst) that may fit the bill. I'm away overseas till early next week, so let me know :-)
BY foal30
smallface wrote:Interesting Jazz Bass up on TM at the moment.
Advertised as a 1965, but there seem to some unoriginal parts on there which would significantly affect the price. At a glance, logo is wrong and the pickguard is not original.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1645300279

Did Ben buy your PRS?

Pretty sure Adrian Ash built him a fretless a few years back.
BY smallface
Yes, pretty sure he did.
BY smallface
foal30 wrote:
smallface wrote:Yes, pretty sure he did.

Was there a buy now on th RI stack-knob?

No there wasn't. Nice bass by the look of it :-)
BY Bg
Well this turned up today, impulse buy - don't want to ping out on a real steiny at the moment but missing my headless hohner basses.

Jury is still out as I've not tried it out loud yet. The frets were green, may have to boil the strings! Long time since I've done that but if its out the door I'm not putting any more cash into it.

At least it has real EMG's and they're active. Still some life in the battery, which was the amazing thing looking at the frets...
BY smallface
Nice score matey! :-)
BY Single coil
I want it

Match my cricket bat

Aaaaaaaaaaa!!
BY Bg
Single coil wrote:I want it

Match my cricket bat

Aaaaaaaaaaa!!

Will try at volume tomorrow, it sounds good through headphones but doesn't really offer me something the Aria doesn't. Handy to keep one in drop D but its not actually any big deal as I'm not playing out live. I think you'd like it. Great condition, all there including allen keys!
BY Bg
its nice to have a long scale bass again in a shortscale bass package.
Getting some great tones out of the headrush as well :) Looking forward to cranking it through the PA tomorrow. It will be epic.
BY Single coil
Secret jealous boner
BY Bg
Single coil wrote:Secret jealous boner

aww mate, I think what was putting me off was the emg's were overdriving the input to my headrush. Its satisfying my P-Bass tone. I'll test with the aria later, to see if I can hit that tone, and if I can, I'm open to passing it on to you ;) Might need an extra bottle of scrumpy or two on top though ;)