snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Bass Learning Resources

Post by snitchez »

foal30 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:56 pmJMJ?
i was hoping to pick up a black jmj and just missed out on one, but picked up a Mikey Way mustang which has a humbucking pup from the looks of it.
Yet to look under the hood if i can put normal mustang pickups in (i believe its doable), but having fun with it unplugged for now!

Will attempt to plug it into a headphone amp tonight.

snitchez
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by snitchez »

Kev77 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:16 pm
snitchez wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:31 am
Kev77 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:06 pm I’d recommend buying a keyboard and learning chords. Bass is essentials a harmony instrument, once you’ve got you’re harmony concepts tight that changes everything.
I’d also buy a good sampler/ drum machine or learn to play some basic drum patterns, developing that drummer/bass player rhythmic telepathy is crucial.
Recommendations on a sampler/drum machine Kev? 😂 bought a fun little mustang to reignite my bass playing
So, here is a genius little application for the new ditto looper. The new version has USB and 99 slots for tracks. So I’ve uploaded all my loops/breaks into the ditto and the knob controls the looper wet dry. I load up a break beat and then jam with the looper. You can load backing tracking, whatever it’s got something like 6 hours of audio.
I’ve had all the samplers, this is tiny, more memory and slots. If you’re interested I can share my drive of breaks/samples

i was hoping you were gonna tell me to go down the teenage engineering route or some fun way... i'll look out for a ditto looper and let you know. i find it annoying with apps and software sometimes.... maybe it just the laziness of overcoming the learning curve.

Kev77
Mr Echo
Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 283 times

Post by Kev77 »

I’ve had an OP1, super fun for a little while. I’ve had all the Boss samplers and I’m more of a play to loops than twiddle with loop layers guy, at least at a hardware level. Setting up the ditto is drag and drop setup once.
Happy to help if you need it
"Cash on the ballot, money to burn, Dealey Plaza, make a left-hand turn" Bob Dylan is a genius