Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
foal30 wrote:
Bg wrote:
foal30 wrote:I'm not going well in the auction

Why would "Bid Bud" work better than the actual TM website??

automated last minute bidding, algorhymic bids depending on the pattern of other bids, odd cent bids...

Ok I'll have a look at it. I thought I had an auto-bid on but clearly not.

Maybe next auction I will use the PC not an IPad.

bid bud is just 'set and forget' its better than autobid in respect to it having a bit more built in intelligence.
BY foal30
Bg wrote:
foal30 wrote:
Bg wrote:
automated last minute bidding, algorhymic bids depending on the pattern of other bids, odd cent bids...

Ok I'll have a look at it. I thought I had an auto-bid on but clearly not.

Maybe next auction I will use the PC not an IPad.

bid bud is just 'set and forget' its better than autobid in respect to it having a bit more built in intelligence.

I'm not feeling very intelligent today. I was supposed to be writing charts and having fun instead of faffing about with gear again.

Poor me! :lol:
BY smallface
I have recently resurrected my Ibanez CS-505 chorus pedal. It's been tucked away since the early 90s. A lovely old analogue chorus sound that I love on bass. I'd forgotten how good it was :-)
BY Single coil
The guitar soul food is average, but I’m not sure how much help I’ll be.
BY TmcB
foal30 wrote:Anyone had a go on an EHX Soul Food Bass Overdrive?

Somewhat related - I’ve got a Bass BB preamp I’m about to put up for sale - yours if you want it.
BY foal30
TmcB wrote:

Somewhat related - I’ve got a Bass BB preamp I’m about to put up for sale - yours if you want it.

Cheers mate, may a change of plan with acomodation so possibly will have a rig with me

Should know about July I reckon :lol:
Going to have an arguement about GeoTech being done as part of any repair strategy. It's meeting resistance

Should be finished 2021! I'm thinking positive
BY el byrdo
smallface wrote:I have recently resurrected my Ibanez CS-505 chorus pedal. It's been tucked away since the early 90s. A lovely old analogue chorus sound that I love on bass. I'd forgotten how good it was :-)

Cool. I had the cs-9 reisshie for guitar. I tend to add chorus on bass in recording.. makes everything come alive. Good old bucket brigade analog circuitry, can't go wrong. The ibanez is probably just as good as EHX classic offereings.
BY foal30
el byrdo wrote:
smallface wrote:I have recently resurrected my Ibanez CS-505 chorus pedal. It's been tucked away since the early 90s. A lovely old analogue chorus sound that I love on bass. I'd forgotten how good it was :-)

Cool. I had the cs-9 reisshie for guitar. I tend to add chorus on bass in recording.. makes everything come alive. Good old bucket brigade analog circuitry, can't go wrong. The ibanez is probably just as good as EHX classic offereings.

Never tried an Ibanez pedal

For Bass Chorus I like the Tech 21
BY smallface
foal30 wrote:
el byrdo wrote:

I bought the CS-505 back in 1982. 2nd pedal I owned after having an original Ibanez Flying Pan. It's more low-fi than most chorus pedals and has a lush rich slow chorus (if that makes sense). Nice to resurrect it :-)
BY foal30
smallface wrote:
foal30 wrote:
el byrdo wrote:Cool. I had the cs-9 reisshie for guitar. I tend to add chorus on bass in recording.. makes everything come alive. Good old bucket brigade analog circuitry, can't go wrong. The ibanez is probably just as good as EHX classic offereings.

I bought the CS-505 back in 1982. 2nd pedal I owned after having an original Ibanez Flying Pan. It's more low-fi than most chorus pedals and has a lush rich slow chorus (if that makes sense). Nice to resurrect it :-)

A Johnny Marr pedal :D
BY jeremyb
Can you guys give some good examples of songs with bass using chorus?
BY foal30
jeremyb wrote:Can you guys give some good examples of songs with bass using chorus?

Yes.
BY TmcB
jeremyb wrote:Can you guys give some good examples of songs with bass using chorus?

No.
BY niceguyollie

Yep, I have one and love it. Great transparent drive that doesn’t mess with your amp tone, just dirties it up and pushes it harder. I run it into an Aguilar Tone Hammer 500, and they work well together.