Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
sirvill wrote:A shit-ton of people were asking for a Sansamp model.

I kinda don't get it (just use a real amp model lol) but I guess people love the Sansamp tone?

Yeah fucking pointless. Are they just going to use the sansamp and place a couple of pedals in front. In that case, take a sansamp and a couple of pedals.

Never digged the tone of the one I had anyway.
BY Lawrence
Back when I recorded a lot I did use a sansamp quite often....on all sorts of things including keys and vocals. Its quite a good tone shaper....so Im not knocking it as a Helix block.
I do have to say...2.8 is pretty cool. Love the tweed models...I was surprised how much I liked the Revv...and the Zendrive...and the POT.....
and I think Ill use the "return" function in snapshots.
BY Bg
It just seems surplus to requirements, oh well just not my cuppa-tea.
BY foal30
Phaser? Waste of time or have a go?
I have a Chorus and a Flanger... Am I flogging a dead horse by getting a Phaser?
BY TmcB
Bg wrote:It just seems surplus to requirements, oh well just not my cuppa-tea.

They’re kinda seen as a “fixer” pedal. They make crap gear sound good, and make great gear sound good if you catch my meaning.

The BDDI is super scooped and to get mids back in you have to blend clean back in which sounds a bit stupid and is very fiddly to get right. Most people have moved on from it to things that actually let you tailor your mid range, which is very important to bass (midrange being between 100hz to 1.2k for bass).

Seems really stupid when it was meant to be an approximation of an SVT and 810 when there’s an incredible model of just that thing right there in the box that will sound infinitely better.
BY Terexgeek
foal30 wrote:Phaser? Waste of time or have a go?
I have a Chorus and a Flanger... Am I flogging a dead horse by getting a Phaser?

Pharque no, you can never have too many flangers or phasers, there's not a bad sound in your pedalboard so far, what could go wrong?
BY el byrdo
Buy my oilcan! 75 for you shipped
BY foal30
Wrong photo.
Bugger

But yes this uploading photos works here
BY foal30
Anyone tried the Diamond Octaver on Bass Guitar?
I do like Diamond pedals.
BY Bg
Shit I've been doing it wrong. Forget overdrive for dirtying up a p-bass. Treble booster is where its at. Rangemaster (Deranged master) on the helix is the tone I've been searching for that grungy classic rock vibe with great attack.
BY foal30
Bg wrote:Shit I've been doing it wrong. Forget overdrive for dirtying up a p-bass. Treble booster is where its at. Rangemaster (Deranged master) on the helix is the tone I've been searching for that grungy classic rock vibe with great attack.

I got the Free The Tone Bass Blaster Overdrive and there's no looking back
The only reason I can think of about their lack of Hype is maybe MIJ equals too pricey
BY el byrdo

any pedal masters wanna diagnose this tone? what bass is that even, a framus?
BY el byrdo
sounds pretty clean probably just comp, funky as
BY el byrdo
sounds like bernard edwards mixed with peter hook