Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY AiRdAd
Green Bastard wrote:Picked up a Darkglass B7K off trade me for what seemed like a good price.
Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet as i need to restring my bass

restring a bass? is that even possible? :-)
BY willow13
AiRdAd wrote:restring a bass? is that even possible? :-)

exactly ... I have 2 basses. One has strings that are at least 20 years old (yes it does sound pretty shit at this point....good for stoner rock) and the other the strings are 3 or 4 years old

really should get a couple of sets :rofl:
BY jeremyb
Green Bastard wrote:Picked up a Darkglass B7K off trade me for what seemed like a good price.
Haven't had a chance to mess with it yet as i need to restring my bass

Nice, they seem pretty awesome if you're after THAT tone, which lets be honest, we all should be :mrgreen:
BY foal30
Right
Keeping the Sadowsky pre as my travel light DI into PA

Board is Wah - Filter - Tuner- FTT BB Overdrive - Boss PEQ-3B - Wounded Paw Ram - Tech 21 Chorus - Diamond Bass Comp

Years in the making
BY foal30
Orange Ampilfiers have released a Bass Pedal called the Fur Coat
BY foal30
This Free The Tone Overdrive really is the shit
High Quality Equipment

I've had a look online at other things they make but TBF the pricing is probably prohibitive

Anyway I'm pleased I got this Bass Overdrive
BY foal30
Toany selling some pedals...
If something is going out what's coming in?
BY TmcB
foal30 wrote:Toany selling some pedals...

Well, I'm after an HX Stomp. For my needs at the moment it's a slam dunk.
I use in-ear monitors at church with a preamp into a impulse response loader that's using an Aguilar 810 so I'm already modelling my amps.
Don't have an audio interface at the moment and the Stomp can act as that.
Sound great with Bass.

Might see if I can sell some other stuff so I don't have to move those things on actually, I really rate the DP-3X and the Bass Octave.
BY foal30
TmcB wrote:

I use in-ear monitors at church with a preamp into a impulse response loader that's using an Aguilar 810 so I'm already modelling my amps.
Sound great with Bass.

Might see if I can sell some other stuff so I don't have to move those things on actually, I really rate the DP-3X and the Bass Octave.

Righto. No issue with playing a 5'er into a digital set up?

I'm thinking about the Red Witch on TM... Do you know if you can run the Octaver seperatly or is it only with O/D on?
BY sirvill
foal30 wrote:
TmcB wrote:

Sound great with Bass.

I play/gig on a bass in Drop B on a Helix either into an FRFR monitor at practice, or direct to PA for gigs. No issues here!!
BY Bg
Should I be using effects? Unless I'm going Hooky, I just use clean with compressor. This is the case through my Helix too, even though I have 5 kajillion effects to mess around with.
For a good clean bass tone, thats all I need right? I hate the internet, why should I be asking this?
BY Kev77
Compressor and fat fingers, that all my bass effects.
Playing guitar is a different story
BY foal30
Bg wrote:Should I be using effects? Unless I'm going Hooky, I just use clean with compressor. This is the case through my Helix too, even though I have 5 kajillion effects to mess around with.
For a good clean bass tone, thats all I need right? I hate the internet, why should I be asking this?

Probably nobody 'needs' any effects

But...

It's better having the option(s)
I'm blaming Toany but I've now got a thing for Overdrives despite having a 300W Tube Amp

It used to be Envelope Filters :lol:
Before that Chorus...

I heartily endorse Flatwound strung Precision + Diamond Bass Comp + Valve Amp
BY foal30
sirvill wrote:
foal30 wrote:
TmcB wrote:
Sound great with Bass.

I play/gig on a bass in Drop B on a Helix either into an FRFR monitor at practice, or direct to PA for gigs. No issues here!!

I've never had a go on any of these new fangled modellers.
With my increasing decrepitude I'll need to investigate lightweight gear at some point.
BY TmcB
foal30 wrote:
TmcB wrote:

Sound great with Bass.

I'm thinking about the Red Witch on TM... Do you know if you can run the Octaver seperatly or is it only with O/D on?

No, 5er with digital won’t be a problem.

Red Witch - yeah, you can run the octaver separately but I was underwhelmed by the unit tbh.