Dodgy rythym and thick strings here...

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY foal30
There is room for Boss OC-2 when I find one and SilverPistol Bass Overdrive

Sadowsky Pre - Korg Tuner - EBS Env Filter - Boss Flanger - Boss Para EQ- Wounded Paw Goat Fuzz - Tech 21 Bass Chorus - Diamond Bass Comp.

It's pretty good set up. Certain Pedals respond more with certain Basses. Still a bit to figure out but sure I'm On the right track

Cheers TG Tony Irv!
BY jeremyb
Chorus is cool again, I like that detuned sound thru a couple of delays and a lot of reverb!
BY Kev77
foal30 wrote:Image

In/On the PedalTrain Case

Did you ever try the regular non bass daimond compressor on your bass? I'm wondering if it's worth switching to a bass version.
BY foal30
Kev77 wrote:

Did you ever try the regular non bass daimond compressor on your bass? I'm wondering if it's worth switching to a bass version.

I can't remember. Tony McB would know.
It's difficult to describe what DBC does but for a Flatwound strung bass into a valve amp it's pretty fucking good.

A man much more knowledgable than I once told me a Compressor shouldn't need to be instrument specific. But yeah the DBC is the go.
BY foal30
sirvill wrote:
foal30 wrote:SilverPistol Bass Overdrive

!

Woah woah woah what is this

Blatant pressure via forum is what that is :lol:
BY Terexgeek

There's room for at least another pedal there.
BY Kev77
Bass delay.....
BY foal30
No.

Interestingly (or not) a young super heavy metal bassist I work with is interested in persuing this avenue of tone.
BY sirvill
I've got a few delay, reverb and modulation heavy patches on the MS-3 for a few bits of songs. Admittedly though I'm driving the entire tune in those cases however.
BY Eruera
Mattallica wrote:This because it is shiny and new:

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/bass/tech-21-bass-fly-rig-sansamp-compressor-octafilter-chorus-boost-pedal.html

That looks phenomenal. I've never been able to bring myself to really add anything but a cable between my bass and amp but that might just be it!
BY Mattallica
That looks phenomenal. I've never been able to bring myself to really add anything but a cable between my bass and amp but that might just be it!

It's deceptively small too. It'll be like your adding nothing at all! nothing at all! nothing at all!
BY foal30
So I got a Bass Wah
For no genuine reason
It works good however
But I need to rewire my board
So 1st World problems yeah
BY Single coil
Fortunately my bass amp has an onboard compressor AND an eq. I consider both of those effects.
Unfortunately the whack job loudspeaker I have has a shit frequency response even for bass, and just sorta stops at 500hz. The compressor helps, but only so much.