Moderator: Capt. Black

Railway Surfer
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

The Checks

Post by Railway Surfer »

Hi Guys
I was wondering if someone might be able to tab the new Checks song, You and Me. What a great song, I'm too much of a beginner to even know where to start. Any help anyone could offer would be great. Thanks

El Chris
Squier

Re: The Checks

Post by El Chris »

main part is

Bmin / Bmin / Amaj / Emaj

pretty much..

got a little bit

e--------12----10
b-10s12---12

solo Bminor pent

cant really be bothered tabbing it out, you'd be better of trying to figure out some by yourself (might be hard, but gotta start somewhere..)

thehenderson
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by thehenderson »

Chris loves the checks

DarcyPerry
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by DarcyPerry »

I was chatting to them backstage at a festival after their set. They were kinda upset because they had to get off stage due to running overtime and couldn't play the last song on their set list. It wasn't a "pissed off" upset. More a "it would have been better if we played that last song because the crowd would have gone off" upset. Anyway, I recall that Midge Marsden was with me (and they had no idea who he was). Nice guys.
"It's all a gift... and I have to keep giving it back, or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing." - Stevie Ray Vaughan
http://www.darcyperry.co.nz

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Post by rocklander »

DarcyPerry wrote:I was chatting to them backstage at a festival after their set. They were kinda upset because they had to get off stage due to running overtime and couldn't play the last song on their set list. It wasn't a "pissed off" upset. More a "it would have been better if we played that last song because the crowd would have gone off" upset. Anyway, I recall that Midge Marsden was with me (and they had no idea who he was). Nice guys.
who?
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

The Checks collectively stumbled into my workshop one evening looking for a party. The party was in the apartment building next door at the flat of one of my customers as it turned out. I don't know what the hell led them to believe their mate lived in a dusty factory. Hope that helps with the song. :mrgreen:
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

thehenderson wrote:Chris loves the checks
they're a pretty decent band ;) haven't caught them live yet
DarcyPerry wrote:I was chatting to them backstage at a festival after their set. They were kinda upset because they had to get off stage due to running overtime and couldn't play the last song on their set list. It wasn't a "pissed off" upset. More a "it would have been better if we played that last song because the crowd would have gone off" upset. Anyway, I recall that Midge Marsden was with me (and they had no idea who he was). Nice guys.
LOL good story. Might have expected the lead guitarist to know who he was, he seems pretty blues influenced (although prob 2nd generation blues and nothing NZ based ;p). Hell I couldn't put a face to the name Midge Marsden, I do know of him though..
ash wrote:The Checks collectively stumbled into my workshop one evening looking for a party. The party was in the apartment building next door at the flat of one of my customers as it turned out. I don't know what the hell led them to believe their mate lived in a dusty factory. Hope that helps with the song. :mrgreen:
LOL random o_O. Did they announce themselves as the checks when they arrived?

ash
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by ash »

El Chris wrote:
LOL random o_O. Did they announce themselves as the checks when they arrived?
I don't think so. I suspect they may have asked for their mate who is in The Electric Confectionaires. I recognised two of them and might have asked.
http://ashcustomworks.com for custom built electric guitars hand made in new zealand

El Chris
Squier

Post by El Chris »

ahhh electric confectionaires, another good NZ band :D

Railway Surfer
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Railway Surfer »

Wicked THANKS Chris. Thats a start. Ash thanks for that now I know that they don't know who Midge Marsden is and where there mate lives I think I might have cracked the solo :lol:
There are sooooo many great NZ bands and the number seems to be growing, isn't it awesome to see them getting more TV and Radio airtime.