Loser guitar player available - auckland

Needing a bass player, guitarist, drummer? Advertise here...

Moderator: Capt. Black

JHorner
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 488 times

Re: Loser guitar player available - auckland

Post by JHorner »

Frey wrote:don't have a car
Strike 1
Frey wrote:trainy wainy
Strikey 2y
Frey wrote:Don't have my electric stuff
And he's outta there!

Can you sing?

sirvill
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 241 times

Post by sirvill »

Just pick him up and lend him a guitar and amp bro

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

In about 8 years you should get some genuine replies!
Loving it so far

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Reece needs a guitarist

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 243 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

Hope you can find someone to have a jam with Frey, but speaking from the perspective of someone who's had to recruit for guitarists and vocalists in the last couple of years more than once, I would be hard pressed to even consider doing anything with someone who a. doesn't have gear b. doesn't have their own transport. Obviously, everyone's situation is different but it's kinda like saying, "let's play Playstation" and only having the console without a controller or game. :eh:

Obviously you're probably getting your gear sorted soon from what you say, so I hope you find some collaborators. I'm probably jaded after dealing with so many people who wanted to play guitar for my band, only to be told "oh, I don't have an amp/guitar" after talking up a storm. :grump:

Personally, marketing one's self as a 'loser' guitar player isn't going to inspire a great rush of offers :mental:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

I'll be honest, I'd be expecting Johnny Marr based on your profile pic :)

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

Well, Ok... I *have* played with Frey and hey, if you're going to worry about whether he has a car or not, that's your loss. I was fine with driving in to see him.

And you guys all seem to have 394,573,204 different guitars each, I'm sure you can lend him a project guitar or a beater of some sort.

He's a fucking good player, if you're going to worry about details, that's your loss.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Vince wrote:Well, Ok... I *have* played with Frey and hey, if you're going to worry about whether he has a car or not, that's your loss. I was fine with driving in to see him.

And you guys all seem to have 394,573,204 different guitars each, I'm sure you can lend him a project guitar or a beater of some sort.

He's a fucking good player, if you're going to worry about details, that's your loss.
Hey, if you're happy with that Vince, more power to you. I did clearly state the reasoning behind my comments.

Also, Frey's skill was never in question. But you can be the best damn player in the world, but it's kinda pointless without the tools you need to do the job, so to speak - that's all I was saying. .
Last edited by The Scarecrow on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

Frey wrote:Hey guys, anyone want to play some music? I'm in glen eden and don't have a car but there's always the trainy wainy to hop on.
Don't have my electric stuff but might be getting it pretty soon.

Anyone keen for a jam?
I'm picking there's a story here - worth a share? Not being nosy but might better explain the situation (cause it sounds like you have gear, just not with you at the moment?). Also genre, musical interest, intent (just socially having a bash, looking to form a band, wanting to play out etc?).

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 661 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

null_pointer wrote:
Frey wrote:Hey guys, anyone want to play some music? I'm in glen eden and don't have a car but there's always the trainy wainy to hop on.
Don't have my electric stuff but might be getting it pretty soon.

Anyone keen for a jam?
I'm picking there's a story here - worth a share? Not being nosy but might better explain the situation (cause it sounds like you have gear, just not with you at the moment?). Also genre, musical interest, intent (just socially having a bash, looking to form a band, wanting to play out etc?).
Frey started a thread a few weeks ago, he's moved up to the big smoke of Glen Eden from Nelson (or moved down, I grew up in Nelson, live in Glen Eden, not sure which way I'd class it). I would assume he's just got himself here and yet to sort out the finer details of Auckland living, such as a car, getting his gear here, finding his way around, etc.

I'd take this as a NZG'er new to an area, looking to see if anyone wants to meet up, jam and be social with new people. I would hope our little community really doesn't require certain criteria or standards to be met for this to happen.

Frey, I'm mere weeks away from introducing mini-me no.2 to the world (well, mini-me if I was a girl), so I have feck all time to spare at the moment, but if you want to borrow any gear while you're waiting for yours to turn up, just shout.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!

Post by The Scarecrow »

Frey wrote:
The Scarecrow wrote:Hope you can find someone to have a jam with Frey, but speaking from the perspective of someone who's had to recruit for guitarists and vocalists in the last couple of years more than once, I would be hard pressed to even consider doing anything with someone who a. doesn't have gear b. doesn't have their own transport. Obviously, everyone's situation is different but it's kinda like saying, "let's play Playstation" and only having the console without a controller or game. :eh:

Obviously you're probably getting your gear sorted soon from what you say, so I hope you find some collaborators. I'm probably jaded after dealing with so many people who wanted to play guitar for my band, only to be told "oh, I don't have an amp/guitar" after talking up a storm. :grump:

Personally, marketing one's self as a 'loser' guitar player isn't going to inspire a great rush of offers :mental:
Haha that's my old self depreciation haha. I may or may not be a loser but I can shred (but you know, not.... actually Shred). Yeah I'm just getting settled in so obviously I have more pressing priorities than rock and/or roll. With a bit of luck I'll be getting my stuff in a couple of weeks (dad going down with van). Just need to take my amp for a visit to a tech and get a couple of bits and bobs for my pedalboard and I'll be away. Hell I might even get a new electric because hey why not right.

Yeah man, i wasn't taking a personal crack, just speaking from experience - so I get what you are saying, other things higher up the ladder in terms of priority!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mate, don't consider a career in sales! Give yourself some credit, even I can get in a band and I can barely play a note.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 632 times
Been liked: 802 times

Post by hamo »

I think Frey is just saying he played guitar for Beck in the mid-90s.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by null_pointer »

hamo wrote:I think Frey is just saying he played guitar for Beck in the mid-90s.
That'd mean he then went on to form Presidents of the USA and sing about Peaches.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

we had a drummer who wanted to audition for us in the mid 90's, rang him to set up a time place to which he said

D - "oh I have no transport, but I can catch the bus"
me - " how will you get your kit on a bus"
D - "I don't have a kit"
me - "um"
D - "I'm going to get one"
me - "um"

Now as luck would have it we had a drumkit so in theory that wasn't a problem but attitude is hugely important when forming a band

D - " we can practice when I have bus money"
me - "um ... ok .....where do you live, I might be able to pick you up"
D - "the city mission"
me - "......." CLICK

anyway not related to this thread but had to share anyway
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be