Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: KEXP.org

Post by jeremyb »

twangnsnarl wrote:The Veils are massively underrated, IMO. I saw them live this year and they were properly awesome. Finn is a brilliant songwriter and performer, I think; I'm not sure it's quite evident from youtube clips just how emotive he is on stage.
He was pretty awesome on twin peaks, going to be doing some more listening for sure, where should I start?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

jeremyb wrote:
twangnsnarl wrote:The Veils are massively underrated, IMO. I saw them live this year and they were properly awesome. Finn is a brilliant songwriter and performer, I think; I'm not sure it's quite evident from youtube clips just how emotive he is on stage.
He was pretty awesome on twin peaks, going to be doing some more listening for sure, where should I start?
I want to say if you liked Axolotl you should start with the most recent album, Total Depravity. But I think you should go right back to the start — The Runaway Found, Nux Vomica, Sun Gangs, Time Stays, We Go — then the new record. That way you'll appreciate how varied their music is and also how fantastically weird the new album is.

foal30
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Post by foal30 »

jeremyb wrote:
With Shriekback I feel.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »