Links to vaguely related sites

Moderator: Capt. Black

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 89 times

Anyone know this guy? DIY STUFF

Post by Anvil Amps Alan »

Had a visitor yesterday, looking for odd valves.
Have a look at his page, I think it's weird stuff but he definitely has potential.
http://artyone.blogtown.co.nz/
Last edited by Anvil Amps Alan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a
delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Anyone know this guy?

Post by sgt mukuzi »

now, thats a blog
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

ralley
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Anyone know this guy? ALTERNATIVE DIY STUFF

Post by ralley »

Never met him but he hangs out on the DIY Stompboxes forum as "Sean K". Seems to produce some pretty inspired stuff.
Rob.
Send lawyers guns and money,
The shit has hit the fan.
- Warren Zevon

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

Now that... is the lair of a mad scientist if ever I saw one, complete with looney toons mugs to complete the profile.

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

dayl wrote:Now that... is the lair of a mad scientist if ever I saw one, complete with looney toons mugs to complete the profile.
He is also a legend in his own lunchtime!
He raved on about his visit here on his blog.
Just sent him an email in response:

Although your blog was essentially correct you must realise that you have now pissed me off (especially broadcasting your instantly formed opinions on your blog).
Who the hell do you imagine you are?

I do not judge people on first impressions and usually make time for anyone.. You caught me at a very stressed out time and yes, I was rather shocked to see a complete stranger in the midst of my little treasure trove.
I would have liked to have had you back here at some other time, until I read your blog!

I mean how would you like to come back to your workshop and see someone checking stuff out?

Since your blog also states that you are "only vaguely interested" in what I do here I suggest that any future plans you may have had to visit would be a waste of everyone's time.

Hope this effectively burns the bridge.

I will let you get back to making crap out of pots and pans while I deal with the real world.
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Anyone know this guy? DIY STUFF- LOONY CONTENT

Post by Rog »

Al don't like ... that kind of behaviour
Oh no...
Don't wander round
Don't be so...reckless
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

Rog wrote:Al don't like ... that kind of behaviour
Oh no...
Don't wander round
Don't be so...reckless
SHE? is the lyric and I don't have ovaries. :lol:

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

Poetic licence, Alan. :lol:
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

Whale oil beef hooked!
Just got two replies:
Alan, I'm sorry I offended you, Not completely sorry but I did hype things up a wee bit to tell a story and on the off chance that you'd read it I didn't mention names, well not directly. Yeah, I should have known that while I was writing my little story, I was actually writing about a real person, even if I was hyping it for emphasis, and that I had given you the address... I did know that while I was writing it, I had a feeling this might happen, but in the interests of telling the story and getting that accross I'm afraid I went a little too far and it was amiss of me to do so.

If you could, and you by all means don't need to, but if you could read the story without seeing yourself in it and see that it is more of a story about you being busy and stressed and me feeling that I'm a hassle, okay I just re-read it, and I must admit theres a few places where I didn't do you justice, even used you as a scapegoat, but it wasn't too bad was it?

I did wrong and I'll go back and edit the piece and I'll give you some credit as I was in your place in your time and so that needs more emphasis or if you want I'l just remove the story completely so theres no mention of our meeting at all.

It was really just about me going to Howick for one reason, finding you busy and a little out of sorts and then by coincidence alone finding the antique shop in the old petrol ststion and having that meeting with the old fellow make my day. So it was a juxtaposition of our meeting against my next one as a story telling medium for emphasis of an idea that when you go to get such and suach, which was what you wanted, but you don't really get it... you end up coming accross something else that you actually needed...

Incidentally, as I was driving about after my visit I was pondering how I could help you out by way of design work. I can and do make up knobs and grills and badges for my own stuff and have been thinking seriously about getting another round of stuff cast...especially speaker grills. The aesthetic I choose for my own work is one that is all about re-using old discarded stuff and it would never be sellable but it's not about that at all and is an art statement more than anything but that doesn't mean I don't have a finger on the pulse of what the musicians actually want their gear to sound and look like and in that respect I'd actually quite enjoy helping you out if you wanted to define a style in your amps that moved away from a commercial sense and into territory that helped to define your brand as unique and worthy of attention... not that it isn't now, I was just thinking a bit of tweaking might help.

So with all that said I'm sorry that I went a bit overboard and used our meeting to gain advantage of myself over you, and I realise now, after you telling me off, that I should have trusted my feelings as I was getting twinges while writing the story, but they went over my shoulders as I got into the mode of storytelling, I am sorry and I apologise. I got carried away with my own version of events at your expence and that basically wasn't very nice of me to do so.

I can't really say anything else, except I really do enjoy writing so maybe I will anyways, and that I think if we could get past this it might be in the interests of both of us to do so. I don't mind eating humble pie for my mistakes, and I often do so to properly learn to be better, and that I hope you could find it in yourself to forgive my arrogance and by getting past this both our un-doubted passion for this feild of endevour find some middle ground where we both might become better at what we do.

Faithfully, Sean Kerrigan.

MAN was I Knackered after digesting that!

My replies:

Nah,
Keep the tenner.

What's your postal address?
I will send some stuff gratis and we can call the hatchet buried.

Cheers,
Alan.

I just noticed your earlier Email!

You really do like writing!
Please stop eating that humble pie you'll make yourself ill!

Expect a delivery, I'm sure you will like.

Cheers,
Alan.

I knew I had some of those 6AU6s somewhere, and he won't run out of caps in a hurry!
(Packed and ready to post away)
Last edited by Anvil Amps Alan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Anyone know this guy? DIY STUFF

Post by jeremyb »

Yay! :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Anvil Amps Alan
Gibson

jeremyb wrote:Yay! :mrgreen:
I'm not really an assh#le am I?

Some Bozo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Some Bozo »

How can u just leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold? (So cold)
Maybe I'm just 2 demanding
Maybe I'm just like my father 2 bold
Maybe you're just like my mother
She's never satisfied (She's never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"You know something's gone badly wrong with the world when Prince has stopped singing about sex, and Morrissey has started."

sgt mukuzi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sgt mukuzi »

ice ice baby
sambrowne wrote:I've included things like chord voicing’s and musical terminology for those that can understand it, while trying to keep it accessible enough for fans to enjoy as well.
You are a hypocritical, whining bitch. F*$k off and die Anthony.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by alanp »

Anvil Amps Alan wrote:I'm not really an assh#le am I?
If anything, you're just like the rest of us in that you have a dodgy sense of humour. (Still got that electronic toy on your reception desk with the pencil in the unappropriate place?)
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol