shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Ejamming

Post by shinenz »

Found this site, guna try it out tonight after work. Feedback has all been good, so it if stands up to what the comments are, then could be a heck of alot of fun!

here's the link, and some info

http://www.ejamming.com/home/

THREE MODES OF EJAMMING: JAM MODE, SYNC MODE and VRS MODE

Jam Mode: Just plug your instrument into your computer, fire up eJamming and JAM Mode connects you to other musicians with near zero latency. That’s right, now you can play with musicians anywhere, any time - and you won’t have to accommodate to hearing your own instrument with the eJamming sync delay. JAM Mode makes playing together easy - and fun. Just know you won’t be as tightly in sync with your fellow players as you are in Sync Mode. But for casual playing, writing together or even learning from a teacher - use JAM Mode.

Sync Mode: Classic eJamming AUDiiO. Great to use in a regional session when the other musicians are close by and the imposed sync delay is under 50mS (milliseconds). Use it for tight sessions, for rehearsing with your band, for writing and collaborating on arrangements and record what you’ve come up with (48 kHz 16 bit or 24 bit). Just know with SYNC mode, distance is a factor. But it’s the tightest mode of eJamming, which means you can have a perfect jam but you will have to adapt to the sync delay, which can take some practice – especially if your distance from the other players is greater than 50mS.

VRS Mode: This is a virtual recording studio that allows you to build a song, track by track using the entire eJamming community as your studio musicians. The musician recording the new track feels near zero latency -- but everyone else in the session hears the new track in real time – and synchronized to all the previously-recorded tracks, no matter where in the world they are. Just as if you’re in the same recording studio -- even though you might be halfway around the planet. VRS Mode is a great way to collaborate, produce, write together and work on arrangements together (especially for vocalists).
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage

shinenz
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Ejamming

Post by shinenz »

Checked it out, seems pretty cool. Didn't crash or anything. Think it would be a good way to jam with ya mates in real time. I got a couple of mates hooked up already who aren't in NZ so we can jam again :)
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage

adrian0476
Ashton
Ashton

Re: Ejamming

Post by adrian0476 »

Tried this last night. Good quality audio, but fairly shit so far. Was trying to set up a rehearsal for my wife with her bro down in Chch and the latency was noticeable enough to make it not worth continuing. Made sure we both had sufficient upload speeds etc, but it just wouldn’t play ball. How people can claim to be sitting in Denmark and jamming in realtime with someone nearly 2500 km away in Macedonia when Auckland to Christchurch (1100km) doesn’t quite work defies belief. I can only assume that they have some pretty damn good quality broadband in both of those countries.

Great idea if it did what it said on the box. Glad there is a 30 day trial period because I would be fairly pissed off right now if I’d paid for a subscription.
Not a fan