Single coil
BANNED
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Re: Low frets...

Post by Single coil »

Buy it
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Just out of curiosity (as my '96 Strat is due one), what's the going rate for a full refret these days? The frets on it are probably lower than Scribes pants.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Just out of curiosity (as my '96 Strat is due one), what's the going rate for a full refret these days? The frets on it are probably lower than Scribes pants.
Dunno what full time luthiers would charge, or rather I know what some charge. And it is labour intensive, so yeah. You're best getting quotes. And yes a pretty evasive answer... It will depend, rosewood versus maple, binding versus no binding etc...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

As beeg states it involves many hours and the state of the neck, and sometimes guitar dictates how many hours required. I’m not going to state a number either, but it can be pricey. A maple neck refret at one of the best in the USA will set you back $5-$600 USD.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

It costs me $350-400, depending who I use. But yeah, if the fretboard needs work, or if it is a Gibson, with those stupid fret-binding overlaps, then more. Make sure whomever you use also commits to a fret dress and setup as part of the deal.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Thanks for the replies guys.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

If you want to take some pics and pm me them, I'll let you know what I think
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Bg wrote:If you want to take some pics and pm me them, I'll let you know what I think
Thanks - any chance you could PM me your email address? Easier for me to email photos that try and paste links everywhere :lol:

Thanks again JIM.