Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY AiRdAd
There i a lot of love for the Gibson ones here. My guitar came with lollars in it. They sound fantastic, but in reality very very similar to the Gibson ones.
BY KNNZ
I have a lollar low wind 50s in one of my guitars and Lindy Fralin P90 in another Guitar and their both fantastic! Highly recommend
BY GrantB
sizzlingbadger wrote:Gibson

This is the correct answer.
BY handsoffmatt
Gibson P90's are the shizz.
BY Bg
I love the Rio Grande ones in my Ash :) They're growly and perfect.
BY Slowy
MrDINO wrote:Just wondering whether anyone could recommend a great P90 soapbar. Not a huge fan of SD so...

Lollar. End of story.
BY Fred
Slowy wrote:
MrDINO wrote:Just wondering whether anyone could recommend a great P90 soapbar. Not a huge fan of SD so...

Lollar. End of story.

This ! Lollars are great!
BY Dharmajester
Gibsons are good ( yes they can do some things right ). Wolfetone and Tysontonelabs also v good.
I found Duncan Antiquities ok but after some mag swapping ( keep one original A2 in each pu but pair the neck with an un oriented A5 and the bridge with an A4) they transformed into real vintage toned beauties.
BY godgrinder
BKP Pig90 is hands down my favourite pickup, have it in 3 of my guitars.

Keen to try a Nantucket in the neck position at some point as well.
BY Molly
Love a P90 in the neck. Lower output one. The SDs that came stock with my PRS were a bit shit I suppose and pretty mismatched. One was about double the output of the other. Be interested to hear a P90 voiced single-coil in the bridge of my Strat.
BY Dharmajester
Molly wrote:Love a P90 in the neck. Lower output one. The SDs that came stock with my PRS were a bit shit I suppose and pretty mismatched. One was about double the output of the other. Be interested to hear a P90 voiced single-coil in the bridge of my Strat.

Yeah those Prs/ Duncan models are pretty pants even with mag swaps. Something ceramic sounding about them. Wee bit too hot in a nasty ( anastomoses according to my iPad spell correct ) way.