Pickups, Pots, Caps, Wiring

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Spykerwolf
Hey guys. I'm currently busy restoring my brother in laws Ibanez RG270DX guitar. He brought it over from South Africa and it's been collecting dust ever since. I removed all the parts and will be replacing the majority of it.

Unfortunately lost the tiny screws for the stock tuning pegs...

I checked with local / online hardware stores and couldn't find screws small enough. I tried 4g screws (tiniest ones available here), and have a feeling 3g might fit.
Alternatively I can replace them with new tunings pegs (any suggestions)? I've never upgraded tuning pegs before lol.

Before
Last edited by Spykerwolf on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
If you can wait a day or two and nothing turns up, I'll have a hunt through the basement, pretty sure I might have some, somewhere. Hoping someone else can help as the basement is cold and dark and scary with spiders and weta's and empty wine bottles :(
Bg wrote:If you can wait a day or two and nothing turns up, I'll have a hunt through the basement, pretty sure I might have some, somewhere. Hoping someone else can help as the basement is cold and dark and scary with spiders and weta's and empty wine bottles :(

LOL sounds like a story you need to share :P
I'm happy to wait man, the projects kinda been on the side after I lost hope lol.
It's a cheap guitar so I'll think about upgrading it properly (after I get it working)!
Have you tried an engineering supply company because hardware shops are usually hopeless.
BY Spykerwolf
Some mock-up photos with the new hardware:

- Dimarzio Evolution Pickup Set (H,S,H)
- Floyd Rose Original 1000 series tremolo, locking nut & string retainer bar
- Gotoh SG381 Tuning Keys
- Stock 5 way toggle switch
- Stock volume & tone pots
- Stock capacitor on tone pot
- Strat style volume knobs (black n white)
- Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9 strings