Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Pink Floyd Experience: Animals, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here

Post by Lawrence »

Superb show! The show opened with Animals with a translucent screen in front of the band. At times we had 4 layers of visuals going on . very slick and entertaining. After Animals the front screen lifted and Dark Side followed, complete with movie clips and Lasers etc...then Wish You Were Here rounded out the night.
Great playing by all - the sax and BVs deserve special mention . Couldn't see amps or boards...but each guitarist had a strat and a tele and an acoustic. Good sound and pretty good mix - only a couple of moments here and there where I lost either a solo or a vocal a bit and the drum overheads seemed to dominate with overly bright cymbal wash a bit.. Might have been better downstairs...

Sadly , once again, the audience included people who did not care for the music and talked loudly right through everything...and worst of all were a group behind us in the grand circle who yelled and laughed constantly effectively ruining all the drama of the soft sections. Why these people were not thrown out eludes me!
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 741 times

Re: Pink Floyd Experience: Animals, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Thanks for posting this...was thinking of going to the second show here in Suckland...sounds like it would be a good idea.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Gear wise the main lead dude has a big rack rig with some TC stuff and I think of all things in the world he uses a Peavey XXX head! Sounds really good though

kwhelan
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by kwhelan »

struggle with the 100 cheapest tickets, for a covers band thats getting into original artists territory

Lawrence
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by Lawrence »

I doubt that they are making much if any profit. The production costs will be high. As for the music...well its a set of great compositions played by good musicians. I don't have a problem paying for that. Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...
GrantB wrote:
“You might be cool, but you’ll never be playing a white Steinberger through a JC120, wearing a white jumpsuit with white shoes and sporting a mullet cool”.

Jim.h
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Jim.h »

Lawrence wrote:Superb show! The show opened with Animals with a translucent screen in front of the band. At times we had 4 layers of visuals going on . very slick and entertaining. After Animals the front screen lifted and Dark Side followed, complete with movie clips and Lasers etc...then Wish You Were Here rounded out the night.
Great playing by all - the sax and BVs deserve special mention . Couldn't see amps or boards...but each guitarist had a strat and a tele and an acoustic. Good sound and pretty good mix - only a couple of moments here and there where I lost either a solo or a vocal a bit and the drum overheads seemed to dominate with overly bright cymbal wash a bit.. Might have been better downstairs...

Sadly , once again, the audience included people who did not care for the music and talked loudly right through everything...and worst of all were a group behind us in the grand circle who yelled and laughed constantly effectively ruining all the drama of the soft sections. Why these people were not thrown out eludes me!
why were those people even there? that eludes me more lol

Delayman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 224 times

Post by Delayman »

Lawrence wrote:...well its a set of great compositions played by good musicians. I don't have a problem paying for that. Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...
I love that so much I'm going to quote you in my signature for a while. Hahaha
They keep telling me tone is in the fingers, but I have yet to see a "look at my fingers" thread.
Lawrence wrote: Every orchestra that comes thru here is a covers band as are most of the jazz bands...